Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2012, 06:32 PM   #1
Mark Schwing
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 39
Smile Orange County Pancake Breakfast - Revisited

I have chaired the annual Orange County pancake breakfast for the past 6 years. The City of Orange is being chastised for correspondence from a low lever staffer. I have been working with Mayor Caveeche to improve the rules and limitations that the staff placed on the event this. The move by the Orange County club to cancel the event has gotten high level attention at the city. One could even report that a very furious Mayor had a more than a few strong words to say behind closed doors. Orange is now willing to go back to the old, grandfathered rules.

I have just one question: If the club's decision can be reversed to hold the event perhaps on Sunday, 6 May is there enough interest from southern California chapters and regions to do that? Would you attend?

I need to see some quick resposnes before moving forward. I personnaly would hate to see this event fade away and die. It is the foremost Model A event in southern California every year and usually features over 300 Model A's and servos btween 1000 and 1200 breakfast along with fabulous raffle prizes.
Mark Schwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:45 PM   #2
Crazydaddyo
Senior Member
 
Crazydaddyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Orange, Ca.
Posts: 197
Default Re: Orange County Pancake Breakfast - Revisited

I love this event and would defiantly attend. I know of at least 2 dozen others that would as well!!!! Please make this happen!!!!!!!

Here is an earlier thread that discussed the decision to end the event:

http://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62056
.
Crazydaddyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 02-15-2012, 06:45 PM   #3
1931 flamingo
Senior Member
 
1931 flamingo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: new britain,ct 06052
Posts: 9,139
Default Re: Orange County Pancake Breakfast - Revisited

CONGRATULATIONS and GOOD LUCK!! Take pictures.
Paul in CT
1931 flamingo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:48 PM   #4
Gary Karr
Senior Member
 
Gary Karr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,355
Default Re: Orange County Pancake Breakfast - Revisited

Yes, I would definately attend!
Gary Karr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:07 PM   #5
Crazydaddyo
Senior Member
 
Crazydaddyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Orange, Ca.
Posts: 197
Default Re: Orange County Pancake Breakfast - Revisited

How is the club going to deal with the sale of breakfast / raffle tickets?

Is the city going to "blow the whistle" on this?

.
Crazydaddyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 07:07 PM   #6
SLPreston53
Senior Member
 
SLPreston53's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Long Beach, CA.
Posts: 219
Default Re: Orange County Pancake Breakfast - Revisited

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
May 6 has lots less chance of rain than the March date did. Definitely would attend!!
SLPreston53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:43 PM   #7
Richard in Anaheim CA
Senior Member
 
Richard in Anaheim CA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Anaheim California
Posts: 493
Default Re: Orange County Pancake Breakfast - Revisited

The information from the mayor of Orange presented by Mark has all been verbal. The club has received no such written overtures. This post is my first notification.

The majority of members present at our February 9th general meeting voted to cancel the breakfast and that still stands. Mark was not at that meeting.

We will see what the city proposes in writing. Our next meeting is March 8th.

We will continue to investigate alternate sites, dates, and the form our new event will take.

Thank you for your loyalty, and encouragement.

We shall return.

Richard Parrish
Anaheim CA
President Orange Co Model A Club
Richard in Anaheim CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:00 PM   #8
tt gas truck
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 12
Default Re: Orange County Pancake Breakfast - Revisited

best news i herd yet . ill be there with the t guys we love it. riverside cal.
tt gas truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:40 PM   #9
SoCal_Alden
Member
 
SoCal_Alden's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Carlsbad, CA
Posts: 76
Default Re: Orange County Pancake Breakfast - Revisited

Haven't missed attending in several years - The Best venue in SoCal !!
I'll keep my fingers crossed that the city gets their act together and you'll be able to get it going again.
But will there be a river to cross this year in May??? (just kidding).

The sighs were audible when the cancelation was announced at our Palomar A's monthly meeting two weeks ago.
SoCal_Alden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:28 PM   #10
1oldtimer
Senior Member
 
1oldtimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: South Orange County, Ca.
Posts: 634
Default Re: Orange County Pancake Breakfast - Revisited

I'll be there for sure whenever it happens, I for one liked the river .
1oldtimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:45 AM   #11
Roadsterpu
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 1
Default Re: Orange County Pancake Breakfast - Revisited

I would attend as well. I would love to see this back on again.
Roadsterpu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:00 AM   #12
John LaVoy
Senior Member
 
John LaVoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Rocklin, CA
Posts: 1,219
Default Re: Orange County Pancake Breakfast - Revisited

The river was a nice feature! Sitting listening to the babbling brook while enjoying a leisurely breakfast a nice touch!
John LaVoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:02 AM   #13
TK in LA
Senior Member
 
TK in LA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: La Verne, Ca.
Posts: 817
Default Re: Orange County Pancake Breakfast - Revisited

My buddy and I were actually going to try and drive Polly in this year. Every year we have less and less great events like this in SoCal. Not a good trend!
TK in LA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:07 AM   #14
Roadster62
Senior Member
 
Roadster62's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ridgefield, Ct
Posts: 3,432
Default Re: Orange County Pancake Breakfast - Revisited

Has this information been placed on the HAMB website? There are over 160,000 daily readers there if you need numbers that is the place. Bob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Schwing View Post
I have chaired the annual Orange County pancake breakfast for the past 6 years. The City of Orange is being chastised for correspondence from a low lever staffer. I have been working with Mayor Caveeche to improve the rules and limitations that the staff placed on the event this. The move by the Orange County club to cancel the event has gotten high level attention at the city. One could even report that a very furious Mayor had a more than a few strong words to say behind closed doors. Orange is now willing to go back to the old, grandfathered rules.

I have just one question: If the club's decision can be reversed to hold the event perhaps on Sunday, 6 May is there enough interest from southern California chapters and regions to do that? Would you attend?

I need to see some quick resposnes before moving forward. I personnaly would hate to see this event fade away and die. It is the foremost Model A event in southern California every year and usually features over 300 Model A's and servos btween 1000 and 1200 breakfast along with fabulous raffle prizes.
__________________
They don't have to run to be enjoyed. I'm here to enjoy the hobby, and enjoy the cars no matter what they look like. Most of the worlds problems are electrical.
Roadster62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:34 AM   #15
Crazydaddyo
Senior Member
 
Crazydaddyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Orange, Ca.
Posts: 197
Default Re: Orange County Pancake Breakfast - Revisited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadster62 View Post
Has this information been placed on the HAMB website? There are over 160,000 daily readers there if you need numbers that is the place. Bob

Yes, here is the thread:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=667482

.
Crazydaddyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 10:37 AM   #16
dullchrome
Senior Member
 
dullchrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 148
Default Re: Orange County Pancake Breakfast - Revisited

I will be there along with the family as always.
dullchrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:31 AM   #17
mngreen
Senior Member
 
mngreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Posts: 151
Default Re: Orange County Pancake Breakfast - Revisited

I have only missed one of these events in the past 10 years, and that was due to heavy rain! In fact, this has been my birthday outing each year being in the last couple of weeks each March. I am very sad that it has been delayed or possibly canceled entirely. The O.C. club does a great job each year putting on a fine show where old car clubs from near and far gather once a year.

I would attend at a rescheduled date, possibly for lunch time even better.
mngreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:35 AM   #18
Jim Brierley
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Temecula, CA
Posts: 3,633
Default Re: Orange County Pancake Breakfast - Revisited

May 6th conflicts with the Auburn hill climb, otherwise I would be there.
Jim Brierley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 12:50 PM   #19
Art Bjornestad
Senior Member
 
Art Bjornestad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Westlake Village, CA
Posts: 477
Default Re: Orange County Pancake Breakfast - Revisited

I will be there
Art Bjornestad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 01:15 PM   #20
Crazydaddyo
Senior Member
 
Crazydaddyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Orange, Ca.
Posts: 197
Default Re: Orange County Pancake Breakfast - Revisited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard in Anaheim CA View Post
The information from the mayor of Orange presented by Mark has all been verbal. The club has received no such written overtures. This post is my first notification.

The majority of members present at our February 9th general meeting voted to cancel the breakfast and that still stands. Mark was not at that meeting.

We will see what the city proposes in writing. Our next meeting is March 8th.

We will continue to investigate alternate sites, dates, and the form our new event will take.

Thank you for your loyalty, and encouragement.

We shall return.

Richard Parrish
Anaheim CA
President Orange Co Model A Club

I was thinking of joining the club just to support this event. Now it sounds like there are too many egos involved. If this event moves from Hart park, I don't think I will now.

.
Crazydaddyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:08 AM.