Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-21-2012, 07:04 AM   #1
gillis

Default 1931 victoria

Hi i just wonder if any one can tell me were i can buy sheetmetal and doorparts to a 1931 vicky? and also new ore used parts
gillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:40 AM   #2
Richard Wilson

Default Re: 1931 victoria

Not all but most non-body parts are the same as other Model A's and fairly easy to locate either used or reproduction. Some body parts are also reproduced new but used body parts tend to be hard to find, my experience. I would order catalogs from Snyders, Brattons, etc. Then I would get a copy of the MARC/MAFCA Judging Standards as they are not just for the show cars. Also I would recomend that you join the Victoria Club, just $10, and order a set of their old newsletters. Lot's of specific Victoria tips are in those newsletters. Order a copy of Les Andrews Vol 1 Model A shop manual. It is well worth the money. Good luck with your project.
Richard Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 08:46 AM   #3
Aerocraft

Try Bert's in Denver. They have a great collection of used Model A body parts. Gar Williams
Aerocraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 03:59 PM   #4
gillis

Ok thanks! my biggest problem is that i live in sweden: but i usually visit my cousin in monroe .Nc. so is there any place near you where i can buy things to my car?
gillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 04:49 PM   #5
1golfer

Smile Re: 1931 victoria

Hi Gillis, I am having the same desires to be able to repair or replace the window and door mechanisms on the passenger side of me 1931 Model A Vicky. I plan to follow up with some the suggestions that were given to you by other members. Good luck, Ron
1golfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 09:29 PM   #6
Richard Wilson

You might want to have your cousin get in touch with the Queen City Region of the Model A Restorers Club which is located in Charlotte, NC just a few miles north of Monroe, NC. They might be able to help locate some original Model A parts.

Not to far away from Monroe is Smith and Jones Antique Auto Parts in W. Columbia, South Carolina. It is a good place to buy new reproduction Model A parts. They have a large shop/store that you and your cousin could visit. Their web site is www.modela-t-snj.com.
Richard Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote