Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-04-2022, 03:05 PM   #21
V8COOPMAN

Default Re: Ecklers Cancels order

I have just about worn-out my computer's "WARNING" button trying to open the eyes of the un-initiated folks that continue ordering parts from this huge OLD FORD/CORVETTE parts conglomerate in Florida. There have been innumerable threads here on the 'Barn over the years, one complaint after another about these guys. Some refuse to take the hint. Complaints regularly cite ridiculous shipping charges, along with parts quality and total lack of customer service to correct such situations. More than one example of BIG parts wrongly packaged and shipped to New Zealand (huge freight bill), customer told to return at his expense (ouch), and more shipping charges to finally ship correct part (pathetic)! We've seen cases where THE outfit's computer has automatically "ordered" a part(s) for customers with existing accounts, parts show-up at customer address, with 'customer service' requiring that shipment be sent-back (pre-paid) for credit to be applied to customer's account.

I can't remember there ever being a thread geared toward pointing-out ANY good points about these folks. I finally had enough of the BS with this outfit and placed my LAST order with them back in 1991 while trying to satisfactorily order a bunch of old Corvette parts. Yet the complaints continue here with regularity. I don't get it! This is it....the LAST time I try to warn my fellow Ford enthusiasts. BEWARE!!

Coop/AMERICAN

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2022, 09:27 PM   #22
tubman

Totally agree.
tubman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2022, 07:34 PM   #23
kirkf

Parts availability in my experience is very low and shrinking.

In trying to order parts for a 40 Pickup I have run into the sad reality that almost everything is now unobtanium.

I don't expect many of these parts to ever be restocked because there is simply no market anymore.
How many 40 Ford Pickups are still out there waiting to be restored?

I've generally had good luck with all the major suppliers, including Ecklers. At this point if I need a part I order it from anyone that lists it still in stock.

That being said, I only do online orders, where in general I get an accurate in stock inventory from the suppliers computer.

If you look at a Bob Drake catalog you will see pages upon pages of 40 parts, that when checked online will quickly tell you are long gone, never to be seen again.

Currently my preferred supplier is Midwest Early Ford. They have been very good at quickly processing and shipping parts for me.

Kirk
kirkf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 08:30 AM   #24
uncle buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkf View Post
Parts availability in my experience is very low and shrinking.

If you look at a Bob Drake catalog you will see pages upon pages of 40 parts, that when checked online will quickly tell you are long gone, never to be seen again.

Kirk
I thought I read somewhere that the new Bob Drake Catalog was about 40 % the size of the old one due to discontinued parts not being made.
uncle buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 06:54 PM   #25
Ziggster

Wow! Good to know.
Ziggster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 07:04 PM   #26
35fordtn

Not to throw in a sales pitch, but we have 'em...
https://thirdgenauto.com/product/193...supports-pair/
35fordtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 05:46 AM   #27
V8COOPMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35fordtn View Post
Not to throw in a sales pitch, but we have 'em...
https://thirdgenauto.com/product/193...supports-pair/

For those of you "Barners" that have not experienced the pleasure yet, this hard-working young couple (Michael & Jane Driskell) are the crux of what makes "3rd Gen Automotive" tick.

As Michael infers above, he is not one that usually beats his own drum, but his 'OLD FORD PARTS' emporium is one of only two (that I can think of) left in existence today that regularly and personally participates here on the Ford Barn with parts help, advice, or just plain ol' comradery. When questions arise about parts or availability, Michael is here, up front and center, in an attempt to set the story straight, unlike what we are finding more and more of with some of the older, 'well-established' outlets that are evading real answers in some cases now-a-days.

While more than one of our established, regular parts outlets recently seem to be slowing-down, with at least one of note not even paying all of their recent suppliers' billings, Michael & Jane are becoming more established as time goes on, with new products appearing on their shelves with regularity. Call "3rd Gen" on the phone and ask to speak with Michael personally. His cordial and efficient handling of your parts needs will soon have you calling "3rd Gen" for the majority of your needs. If Michael and crew don't have your part specifically, he is well-qualified to head you in the right direction. With certainty, these guys have become THE premier old Ford parts source during a time when MANY of the others are thinning-out their catalogs.

Click the link BELOW for just a few pictures of what "3rd Gen" is all about!

https://www.facebook.com/Third-Gen-A...=page_internal

Coop/AMERICAN

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 10:32 AM   #28
Ziggster

Agree. Only ordered a few things from Third-Gen, but each time Michael answered the phone and was very helpful.I was just digging around in my office for my Ford flathead books and came across their (Macs) catalogue from 2019 and tossed it. Lol!
Ziggster is offline   Reply With Quote