Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-26-2015, 02:29 PM   #1
My3window

Default Two Versions of 34 Garwood Fender Skirts?

Just saw the new ebay ad offering a pair of 34 fender skirts for sale. I have a pair (not for sale) that are slightly different than the pair advertised. The pair I have has a hand lever on the back side of the skirts that enable the locking mechanism to activate the upper sliding lock in place at the top of the inner lip of the rear fender.

The fender skirts currently listed on ebay have a locking mechanism that enables the skirt to attach to the fender by turning a latch that passes through the V8 emblem through a hole in the skirt. I'm assuming both are original Garwood skirts but my version may be the first design that may have been improved upon later.

I have seen more of the later version than the former. However the version like my pair, that has the hand lever mechanism on the back, is pictured in the 33 34 Ford V8 Restoration Manual as correct.

Does anyone know if my assumption is correct and that Garwood made two versions of fender skirts for 33-34 Fords?

Happy Thanksgiving to all and thanks for all the help I have received over this website in restoring my coupe.
My3window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 12:14 AM   #2
My3window

Default Re: Two Versions of 34 Garwood Fender Skirts?

btt
My3window is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 07:38 AM   #3
1 Raggedy Ride

Default Re: Two Versions of 34 Garwood Fender Skirts?

I saw the pair of Garwood skirts on e-bay, also, ...looking at the V-8 emblem, the square internal opening for the locking mechanism, appears to be worn.....My guess is that these were first edition, and re-designed due to the problems with locking mechanism, I have the same assumptions as you do, My3window, but nothing factual......If someone can enlighten us with more information, it would be greatly appreciated.....I have been trying find more info on the Garwood skirts, online, but only finding boats & garbage truck compactors, etc......