Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-19-2015, 07:47 PM   #1
Bobant

Default Car cover

Want to buy a cover for my 1930 roadster. My car is garage kept but want to protect from dust and pollen. I see a lot on line starting at next to nothing and going to very expensive. Any recommends?
Bobant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 08:25 PM   #2
Redbird

Default Re: Car cover

I have a used one that came with my car. You can have it for the cost of shipping from 78550. I purchased a new one. Send me a PM.

John F
Redbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 09:01 PM   #3
SSsssteamer

I have found that in car covers, you get what you pay for. The cheap covers are worthless and they do not fit properly.
SSsssteamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 09:08 PM   #4
David Moore

Bobant, I may be able to help wit your A. I am in Hixson--- I have several A's and drive them a lot. Email [email protected]
1931 Model A Pickup
1931 Model A Victoria
1931 Model A Fordor
1914 model T Touring
1915 Buick C-25 Touring
David Moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 09:42 PM   #5
C26Pinelake
BANNED

Location: Michigan / Ontario border, Sarnia, Ontario. 50 miles from Detroit and 150 from Toronto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbird View Post
I have a used one that came with my car. You can have it for the cost of shipping from 78550. I purchased a new one. Send me a PM.

John F
John. You are a very kind and generous man. The site and this world needs more people like you ! Hope you have a wonderful day my friend.
Wayne
C26Pinelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 10:21 PM   #6
Redbird

I feel we all need to pay it forward from time to time. Car guys are like family, and being a new Model A owner, we are just older kids with old toys!
Redbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 11:02 PM   #7
Tom Wesenberg

I bought mine from a Texas outfit called AutoArmor for about $50 delivered. It has the soft inner liner and has a weatherproof outer layer to protect from bird, rain, and dew. For being more of a generic fit, it actually fits quite well.

If you want a heavier cover with a custom fit, then California Car Covers will have one for over $300.
Tom Wesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 11:35 PM   #8
Y-Blockhead

I have a CoverCraft Evolution car cover I happy with. It's more for outdoors tho. They do have indoor covers also. ~ $250.

Last edited by Y-Blockhead; 04-20-2015 at 01:13 AM.
Y-Blockhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 12:19 AM   #9
C26Pinelake
BANNED

Location: Michigan / Ontario border, Sarnia, Ontario. 50 miles from Detroit and 150 from Toronto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y-Blockhead View Post
I have a CoverCraft Evolution car cover I happy with. It's more for outdoors tho. The do have indoor covers also. ~ $250.
This is the cover I purchased for 6 of my antique cars. From a small 24 Ford to a very large 32 Chrysler and 4 Model A Fords all different body styles, the custom fit is phenomenal , fits like a glove. I could not be happier. I believe you get what you pay for and these covers are not cheap as they sell for $240 to $300 dollars. Wayne
Old 04-20-2015, 06:47 AM   #10
ron103140

John, if Bobrant doesn't take you up on your generous offer I am also looking for one for my 30 roadster. Thanks, Ron
ron103140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 07:42 AM   #11
Mitch//pa
BANNED

a junk cover will scratch your car big time and even the best will also to some mild extent so be careful ... the best cover is no cover and then blow it off with compressed air before wiping it down to avoid scratches . that being said i do use a indoor cover to prevent damage from people walking by in my garage. i needed 2 covers for my cars so i bought a CCC (california car cover) and a covercraft to compare as i wanted the best. hands down IMO the CCC was better so now i have two and returned the covercraft...

Last edited by Mitch//pa; 04-20-2015 at 07:48 AM.
Mitch//pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 07:46 AM   #12
rocket1

the car cover must be able to breathe,you don't want moisture trapped under the cover.
rocket1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 12:31 PM   #13
hardtimes

Hey Mitch,
This company is just up the road from me. They have a lot of great products, including high end car covers. Regarding 'scratching' paint surfaces. I agree with your thought, but if I were looking for the best cover I would be looking at CCC product. They serve / sell their covers to guys with many thousands of $ of paint on their antiques and rods alike. Last time I went to their booth, I seem to remember that they make covers with 'breathing' non scratching in mind. A bit more expensive, than some sell for.
hardtimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 12:44 PM   #14
Mitch//pa
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardtimes View Post
Hey Mitch,
This company is just up the road from me. They have a lot of great products, including high end car covers. Regarding 'scratching' paint surfaces. I agree with your thought, but if I were looking for the best cover I would be looking at CCC product. They serve / sell their covers to guys with many thousands of $ of paint on their antiques and rods alike. Last time I went to their booth, I seem to remember that they make covers with 'breathing' non scratching in mind. A bit more expensive, than some sell for.
what are you calling CCC
covercraft company or california car cover???
in my post i endorsed the california as the better quality IMO
Mitch//pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 01:46 PM   #15
C26Pinelake
BANNED

For the information of all, if you google the companies you will find that Covercraft manufactures California Car Cover covers and California Car Cover then places their white label on the Covercraft cover.
Wayne.