Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-03-2011, 12:52 PM   #1
Alan O'Connell

Default 1935 mechanical brake kingpins

Does anyone know the order for putting the spindle together with the axle. I think the kingpin goes in with the bearing on top of the spindle. I have 2 felt pads and 2 spacers. I'm assuming that the pads go inbetween the spindle and the axle. If that is the case, does the spacer go against the axle top and bottom or against the spindle. There is a small felt pad that goes at the bottom between the bottom of the spindle and the front backing plate. Thanks.
Alan O'Connell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:26 PM   #2
David J

Default Re: 1935 mechanical brake kingpins

The bearing goes on top of the spindle with the exposed inner race down . The bigger felt goes in the lipped washer & these go between the bottom of the axle and the top of the lower ear of the spindle . Felt down . The little felts are for the brake operating rod at the base of the kingpin .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan O'Connell View Post
Does anyone know the order for putting the spindle together with the axle. I think the kingpin goes in with the bearing on top of the spindle. I have 2 felt pads and 2 spacers. I'm assuming that the pads go inbetween the spindle and the axle. If that is the case, does the spacer go against the axle top and bottom or against the spindle. There is a small felt pad that goes at the bottom between the bottom of the spindle and the front backing plate. Thanks.
David J is offline   Reply With Quote