Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Model-A

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 08-15-2010, 03:21 PM   #1
26Tudor

Default 1931 rdpu **PENDING SALE**

City: Crescent City
State: CA
Price: $7,000

Well, as much as i hate to do it, my 1931, indented firewall, RDPU is for sale.
The guy I got it from, bought it in 1963, drove it for two years, and in 1965 (the year on the CA pink slip title) took it apart, and never touched it again, except to move boxes and parts around when he moved.
The chassis number is A4770080, which, I think, translates into a June/July 1931 chassis, and that is the number that is on the 1965 title. The body has a few small rust issues, but nothing at all major... a little rust out on both lower rear corners, and then a little bit on the passenger's side cowl bottom, and that's about it. The fenders and bed are in remarkable shape for a truck it's age, and the front fenders are both the fenderwell mounted spare type, which I know isn't correct for the truck, but I doubt you'd have any trouble getting rid of the wrong one, and they do have the brackets and holes in the splash aprons for them. I have a 1931 radiator shell, and the black Commercial shell without the "Widow's Peak", along with what appears to be a good radiator. There are two engines with the truck, numbers A1427306 (April '29) and A3813312 (August '30). It is 99% complete, there are misc bolts missing, everything has been moved so many times some of the nuts and bolts have gone missing, but all the major parts are there, I never did find the lower windshield stanchions, and so far, neither has the guy that sold me the truck... but he may come up with them yet, heck, everything has been stored for 45 years...
Everything looks like it was only on the road for 30 or so years, then put into storage in a warm, dry, garage (which it was).I am thinking that the black paint on it may be the paint Henry put on some 80 years ago !!
This truck does need to be restored, it is NOT going to be a "connect the dots and drive it home" truck. As I say, the guy took it apart in 1965, and didn't touch it afterwards.
You will need a truck and trailer to get this thing transported, as I am not in a position to be able to palletize everything and get it ready to ship.
I did put some photos into a Photobucket account, some, that I took when it was in the old gent's trailer, and the rest while it is in a pile in my garage. If anyone need any more detailed photos, e-mail me at : [email protected] and I'll see what I can do. I won't be around all next week, but may be able, from time to time, to check e-mails.
It breaks my heart to sell this truck, as I know I'll never find another original Henry steel '31 RDPU, but my last day of work was Friday, the 13th (figures) of August, and Family has to come first.
Anyway, here's some photos of most of the truck, as I say, I'd guess it to be 99% all there, just all apart.
If you're up for the Mother of all Jigsaw puzzles, and want a rare truck when you're done, this might be the project for you.

Here's the link-

http://s206.photobucket.com/albums/b...del%20A%20RPU/

Last edited by 26Tudor; 08-20-2010 at 11:29 AM. Reason: sale pending
26Tudor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:27 PM   #2
34bill

Default Re: 1931 rdpu

What is the price, picked up at your place? Thanks
34bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:28 PM   #3
34bill

Dah...I see it now in the header. Sorry
34bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 05:51 PM   #4
Strever

good luck on the sale Dave
Old 08-18-2010, 09:30 AM   #5
26Tudor

Dick, it's about the last thing I wanted to do, but you know what it's like trying to find a decent job in this town...I'll find something, I always do, but that doesn't solve the immediate "I'm an unemployed bum for the first time in way over 30 years" pain...
Old 08-20-2010, 08:22 PM   #6
26Tudor

Default Re: 1931 rdpu **PENDING SALE**

The RPU sold, and less than an hour after I sold it, I got a job offer, same place I was working at, but now with better hours and better pay.... go figure....
Old 08-20-2010, 08:46 PM   #7
1931 flamingo

Default Re: 1931 rdpu **PENDING SALE**

Good for you!!!!
Paul in CT
1931 flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote