Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-10-2023, 05:42 AM   #1
Hans hendrik

Angry Carpart Pro Scam ??

Dear Forum readers,

I was looking for early V8 rear brake drums (1948) which unfortunately could not be found in the "Swap" adds.
Via the forum I received the advice to ask "Car Part Pro " if they could supply these drums.

After contacting this e-mail adress: " Carpart Pro <[email protected]> " on 23 june I received confirmation that these drums were indeed in stock and asking price was 150 USD incl. shipping.

I paid directly with paypal to "family and friends" ( I know this is a risk)

3 days later I received an email asking for 30 USD more since shipping was expensive, I know this is indeed the case so I paid an extra 30 USD.

Now 2 weeks later again I get a request for 20 USD extra......I guess I have been screwed, does anyone know this seller?

anyhow be aware/ warned

Bst regards
Hans Schrijver
The Netherlands
Hans hendrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 07:02 AM   #2
deuce lover

Default Re: Carpart Pro Scam ??

It sounds like you have been scammed.The first sign of trouble is he asking for more shipping.That is no excuse.He should have a scale and then get an accurate quote for the total.Next time ask on the Forum here or on the HAMB if anyone here have had dealings with them.There are legitimate dealers in USA that have these and will ship to Europe.
Be careful with FaceBook Marketplace .A good friend got scammed for over 300 Euros . These scammers use pictures from other people's ads .

PS there is reasonable shipping to Europe from Long Beach CA. They ship on the average of 2 containers a month to Antwerp then the stuff goes to Lille France.You can then get you merchandise there in Belgium if arranged.I have friends that shipped rolling chassis,engines and transmissions shipped by them to France.

Last edited by deuce lover; 07-10-2023 at 07:19 AM.
deuce lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 10:10 AM   #3
dean333

Send a message via Yahoo to dean333

A business would never ask you to pay “friends and family.”
Old 07-10-2023, 10:41 AM   #4
Karl Wescott

Another possible flag is the email address. Usually a business in the US will have an email of [email protected]. gmail.com, hotmail.com etc are free and easy... scammers paradise!
Karl Wescott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 12:16 PM   #5
neilp

If you place a want ad on this site and get a response telling you to contact another person or email then it is a scam, 100%, every time. If the admin would limit access to "wanted" ads to users with say 25 posts then most of the scammers would be shut out. JMHO

Patrick
neilp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 01:24 PM   #6
Fritz

How did you get the advice to email “Car Part Pro”, and who gave you that advice?
Cars and metal rust away and are destroyed, but the Word of God will stand forever (Isaiah 40:8, Matthew 24:35).
Fritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 01:25 PM   #7
Bored&Stroked

Sorry to hear about you getting scammed, but I've heard about this same "company" being used for a variety of scams. Consider it a hard lesson . . .
Bored&Stroked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 01:54 PM   #8
Jim Huseby

Yesterday I advertized on fordbarn model a parts wanted for a harmonic balancer and got a response to contact [email protected]. When I entered that address, I was directed to this thread. I can send you the address of the person that sent me that email if that will help your investigation. Thanks for posting the warning.
Jim Huseby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 12:37 PM   #9
art ebeling

Just about every parts wanted ad I have posted has been answered by a scammer. I always look on the various forums for the sellers name and postings to get a feel if they are legit. I also do a Google image search and usually find the picture is from someone else's for sale ad. The latest one the seller started making stupid excuses when I asked for better pictures, not at home, on vacation, parts at Dads house....
art ebeling is offline   Reply With Quote