Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model T (1909-1927)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-20-2022, 01:58 PM   #1
folksinger1964

Default Looking for a Restorable Model T

Can I find a Restorable Model T, for $1500-$2000 ?
folksinger1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 02:22 PM   #2
folksinger1964

Default Re: Looking for a Restorable Model T

I've been trying to peruse the "Swap Meet" Area but it seems that there are posts from as far back as 2010, there. are those posts still active and are the items listed still 4 Sale ?

Last edited by folksinger1964; 02-20-2022 at 02:48 PM.
Old 02-20-2022, 03:05 PM   #3
folksinger1964

My Grandfather had a 1949 Ford F4 Stake Truck on the farm. I think he bought the truck new, in 1949. In 1978, my grandparents sold the farm and moved on to a 5 acre piece of property, not to far away. The truck was parked behind the garage. I was 14 or 15 years old, at the time. I asked my Dad about the truck, wondering if my Grandfather would give it to me. My Dad said that the truck held too much "Sentimental Value" and reminded my Grandfather of the farm and that he would never get rid of it. It was rusty in places and I'm sure, even at the time, it would have needed a good overhaul, but I was definitely interested. A man from town offered $500 and said that he would feature it in the town parades, but my Grandfather refused. To say the least, the truck nearly rusted to the ground, over the next 20 years. The truck was eventually hauled away for scrap. I do not understand this mentality. What a waste !!!

Last edited by folksinger1964; 02-20-2022 at 03:10 PM. Reason: misspelled word
Old 02-21-2022, 09:33 AM   #4
rotorwrench

Now that you have enough posts, you can use the PM (personal message) feature to check on parts in the Swap Meet section.

Don't be afraid to start a new thread. Bringing back up old threads for posting can be confusing at times.

Anything that brings back good memories is a good thing. As you get older, you will learn to appreciate things like your grandfather did. Sentimentality goes a longer distance the older you get.
rotorwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 09:10 AM   #5
folksinger1964

My Grandfather was a farmer and businessman. He didn't really look fondly upon antiques, as do.
Old 02-22-2022, 12:12 PM   #6
rotorwrench

They likely weren't antiques when he purchased them. You have to be an antique yourself to get the idea. I considered model Ts to be antiques but my grandparents bought them new and used them. They were happy with the more modern cars as they came out because it made their life easier. Less maintenance meant more leisure time. They didn't have much leisure time growing up.

My Grandfather was born in the 80s. That's the 1880s. He cut wheat in Kansas with a scythe and picked up the shocks with horse hitched to a wagon. The threshing machine is another story. The model Ts were a new and affordable car to him. His trucks were International Six Speed Specials when he finally purchased some.
rotorwrench is offline   Reply With Quote