Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-10-2021, 12:26 AM   #61
outlaw

Default Re: Anyone else heard or know?

tomcarman, my uncle emailed me back that he had deleted the email that was sent to him that had the referenced the sources for the wind farm turbine information. Sorry but I am unable to relay them to you. Bill
outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 12:50 AM   #62
tomcarman

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
tomcarman, my uncle emailed me back that he had deleted the email that was sent to him that had the referenced the sources for the wind farm turbine information. Sorry but I am unable to relay them to you. Bill
Thank you for the followup. As previously stated I remain skeptical that EV is at this point in development a viable primary source without further technological evolution. Without question in my opinion the science has not been transparently conveyed to the general public who will ultimately be paying for it all. Keep in mind I am not opposed to EV as it has many advantages over the internal combustion engine, however I am opposed to the mandated phase out and political aspersions in trade for votes. I assume most of us resent having the Government shoving this down our throats instead of the "Free Market" developing it affordably and for the masses. (See Model T development for further reference). As a footnote in the event I get banned for posting this I take no joy in political commentary however I believe this directly affects this hobby and automotive history in general. In addition the reason for my original question in post #42 is there is so much "stuff" posted on the internet that appears as factual, for some unknown reason (Yea Right) credible sources never seem to be cited. I believe that if one makes a claim, statement or otherwise an analyses to be presumed as fact then reliable and and verifiable sources ought to be referenced.

Last edited by tomcarman; 12-10-2021 at 01:17 AM.
tomcarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 04:18 PM   #63
TJ

Since some states have just had massive tornados they have lost their electricity. How in the heck can you charge your electric car so you can leave town for you own safety! Or what if you got caught in a flash flood with an electric car?
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 04:47 PM   #64
V8COOPMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ View Post
Since some states have just had massive tornados they have lost their electricity. How in the heck can you charge your electric car so you can leave town for you own safety! Or what if you got caught in a flash flood with an electric car?

THIS man WINS! DD

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 06:22 PM   #65
tubman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ View Post
I'll play. First of all, I would make sure any vehicle I was depending on (gas or electric) was "topped up" with fuel; that'll probably give me about 300 miles, which should be adequate for anything I need to do. Actually, the EV probably has an advantage here, as you could top it off with your in-home charging station and wouldn't be driving around looking for gas and waiting in line. If I couldn't find a charging station in 300 miles, well, you wouldn't be able to find a functioning gas station either (the pumps run on electricity).

As to a flash flood, I'd probably be sitting on the roof or hanging onto the porch post watching the car float away, planning on calling my insurance agent when the whole mess was over. Everybody knows that only an idiot will drive into a flash flood. As to potential electric problems when the car is submerged, I really don't know what would happen, but I would bet the cars are designed to protect the occupants in such a situation.

Oh yeah; according to the current Ford commercials, you can use your EV to power your house during an outage.
tubman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 11:22 PM   #66
petehoovie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubman View Post
Everybody knows that only an idiot will drive into a flash flood.

Who said anything about purposely driving into a flash flood? Flash Flooding occurs so quickly that people are caught off-guard. - No idiocy involved!

"Silver rings, your butt! Them's washers!"
"We shot our way out of that town for a dollar's worth of steel holes!" - from 'The Wild Bunch' - 1969

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NReUd2_0u0
petehoovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 11:24 PM   #67
4t8v8

Oh yeah; according to the current Ford commercials, you can use your EV to power your house during an outage.

Is that Ford Motor Co. or Woke Motor Co.
I keep confusing the two.
4t8v8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 11:33 PM   #68
outlaw

Question Re: Anyone else heard or know?

So, you live in an area that has a natural disaster where all the power gets wiped out for let's say a week in a 100 square mile area (think flood, tornado, hurricane, or earthquake). How long are the ambulances & fire trucks going to run for? In this supposed new era of only ev vehicles (in theory by 2035) there would no longer be fossil fueled motors including generators. How large do electric helicopters have to be to lift the battery weight & still have any kind of useful load capacity? Do you want to fly across the Atlantic or Pacific Ocean on battery power? I think fossil fuels will be around longer than most of us will be. (Just thinkn out loud).
outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2021, 11:40 PM   #69
petehoovie

Ford's new EV should be called the 'Snowflake' BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

"Silver rings, your butt! Them's washers!"
"We shot our way out of that town for a dollar's worth of steel holes!" - from 'The Wild Bunch' - 1969

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NReUd2_0u0

Last edited by petehoovie; 12-11-2021 at 11:48 PM.
petehoovie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 12:12 AM   #70
cas3

Just a few weeks ago at the world summit on climate change, they rented a bunch of EV's for the big shots to drive back and forth from the hotel to the convention center.

problem is, they had way more cars than they had charger stations...so the rented diesel generators to charge the electric cars. These people tell us they are planning the future of the planet, but can not efficiently plan one event
cas3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 11:05 AM   #71
tubman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4t8v8 View Post

Is that Ford Motor Co. or Woke Motor Co.
I keep confusing the two.
This, on an early Ford forum? Blasphemy, I say!
tubman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 11:52 AM   #72
4t8v8

"Early" is the key word!
4t8v8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 12:13 PM   #73
RB

But on the positive side the catalytic converter thieves would need to to find a new source to finance the habits they crave.
RB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 01:48 PM   #74
TJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by RB View Post
But on the positive side the catalytic converter thieves would need to to find a new source to finance the habits they crave.
They'll start stealing batteries!
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2021, 03:01 PM   #75
mfirth

I find this whole "thing" shocking...can't you just see a restored 40 Ford coupe...battery pack in the trunk & electric f w d power in the front under the hood...............excuse me while I throw up !!!
mfirth is offline   Reply With Quote