Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-21-2022, 07:47 AM   #21
Russell Reay

Default Re: Bratton's Catalog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fhane View Post

Don’t use the excuse you are not computer literate, because YOU are reading this. You can down load the Brattons catalog any time you go to their web site and page thru it.

It is 2022 guys get with it. I will be 80 on my next birthday and going to the websites is a lot easier the poking around junkyards.
I am not 80 yet, but getting there. I study Model A catalogs in my recliner, not at my desk, so the print version is much appreciated. I surely wish that the catalog designers would think more like a customer and less like an inventory manager. I often note that the part I am searching for does not fit easily into the category tabs on the website. More searching usually locates it, but too many dead ends takes the fun out of Model A repair.
Russell Reay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 09:43 AM   #22
denis4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell Reay View Post
I am not 80 yet, but getting there. I study Model A catalogs in my recliner, not at my desk, so the print version is much appreciated. I surely wish that the catalog designers would think more like a customer and less like an inventory manager. I often note that the part I am searching for does not fit easily into the category tabs on the website. More searching usually locates it, but too many dead ends takes the fun out of Model A repair.

With a few exceptions, all of the Model A parts vendors use original Ford part numbering system making it easy to find stuff. Try an Apple iPad in your recliner.
Old 03-21-2022, 10:02 AM   #23
ETAModel

I recall when Midway came out with a 4 page circular. Soon it was like a monthly newspaper, 40-50 pages. Then they came out with catalogs for different facets of shooting sports.
Then the internets became a thing and the paper catalogs died.
I'm pretty sure most companies are trending the same way. For better or worse.
But buy one item from The Sportsmans Guide and their like Uline... endless catalogs headed your way.
ETAModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 10:20 AM   #24
katy

I tried the Uline catalogue in the outhouse but it had the wrong kind of paper.
Old 03-21-2022, 12:40 PM   #25
GPierce

iPad in my recliner, just like a paper catalog.
GPierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 12:50 PM   #26
ThomasHarris

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
I still keep a couple old Brattons catalogs laying around just to reference original Ford part numbers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ThomasHarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 08:17 AM   #27
gdmn852

Snyders still has a catalog, 2021 good thru March 2022 . Don’t know if they plan a 2022.
gdmn852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 09:42 AM   #28
Bob Bidonde

I apologize to the folks at Bratton's for this post and the angst it may have caused you. However, I find the Bratton's catalog to be an exceptional aide when I work on a Model "A" in my garage. There is no way that I will risk a laptop or notebook in my garage when working on a car.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 190A In Garage 419kb.jpg (83.7 KB, 39 views)
Old 03-22-2022, 10:26 AM   #29
Bob Bidonde

It is my hope that in the future there will be another Bratton's catalog even if it has no prices in it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 190A In Garage 419kb.jpg (83.7 KB, 13 views)
Old 03-22-2022, 11:51 AM   #30
Hitman

There are several on ebay right now, from about 1997 to 2012. This looks like your best bet at this point. Either way it looks like you need to adapt, buy an older one, or use the online version.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...talog&_sacat=0
Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 04:25 PM   #31
eagle

My work is in IT, so I'm well versed in the on-line experience. However, when I was a kid I was into model airplanes, I still have some of the old catalogs...1976 Hobby Shack catalog, 1980 SIG catalog, etc etc they are so much fun to look at. I also remember the excitement when the Christmas catalogs from Sears, JC Penney and Montgomery Wards would come. Us kids actually wore those catalogs out. So... Yes I like an online catalog for a lot of reason, however it's not ALL progress.
Old 03-22-2022, 07:54 PM   #32
GPierce

My iPad mini is with me in the Model A garage and the hangar when I work on airplanes.
I broke one dropping it on a concrete floor. I now have it in a PIVOT hard case, same one the airlines use. Have dropped several more times. No damage.

The advantage is I have stored on it Piper, Camp, Lycoming and Continental repair manuals and illustrated parts plus all the usual Mode A stuff like wiring diagrams, catalogs plus I can immediately get to the Ford Barn and any other site from the garage or hanger.

Incidentally it has replaced all the maps, charts, paper needed in the airplane as well as doing the GPS navigation and presenting live weather and radar.
Made my life much easier. No more updating paper charts for hours or folding charts to figure where I am, how fast I’m going and when I am going to be there.
GPierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 03:24 PM   #33
Bill G

I have almost everything on my various computers, phone and ipad. I ran a wifi extender out to the garage since it is separate from the house. It comes in handy. If I am out in the garage and working on something and I remember something that came up in a forum discussion or I want to search for a topic, I have it right there. This goes not only for Model A but lawnmower repair or which kind of bug spray to use on what plants, yada yada yada.
Bill G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 09:28 PM   #34
jeepguy1948

I know that several owners (myself included) like to keep the catalog next to the potty because for some of us that's the only time to sit down. It has been a great help to me (and I am very computer literate).
jeepguy1948 is offline   Reply With Quote