Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > For Sale > Early V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-07-2015, 07:17 PM   #1
mikebishop

Default Hot rod magazine reference library

City: SANTA ROSA
State: CA
Price: $450

I'm selling my Hot Rod magazine reference library -- 1955 to 1965 inclusive, all issues for these years, in original optional binders. The only year that is not original is 1959 which is a hard-bound set I purchased to replace the original set that was borrowed by a former pal who swears he returned it to me. Uh huh . . .

Condition is "good" to "very good" throughout the entire set. Some early issues have the original subscriber's address label on the cover, and still others are missing the subscription renewal "form" that was clipped out; I've been amused by this from the time I acquired the set many years ago, in that someone who thought enough of his copies of HRM to order a binder for them each year would actually cut the renewal label out of one issue.

The retention scheme in the first four years (1955-1958) uses elastic bands and some of these have perished, although the magazines are unaffected and the elastic can be easily replaced. The 1959 set is hardbound, as I mentioned, and the remaining folders ((1960-1965) have wire retainers which are in excellent condition.

I'll be posting the "library" intact on eBay but I wanted to offer it first here at $450.00 for all eleven years. It works out to $3.40/issue which is well under individual issue values.

$450.00 plus S&H

Mike Bishop
Santa Rosa, California

Last edited by mikebishop; 04-07-2015 at 07:28 PM. Reason: added picture
mikebishop is offline   Reply With Quote