Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-18-2021, 09:35 AM   #41
joe 1950

Default Re: Hagerty insurance ?

I’ve had Hagerty for about 23 years ,had a couple small claims under a thousand ,excellent service ,e-mail est.and checks in the mail ,also like you can set your values ,premium rates have been inline with the times ,no complaints
joe 1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 02:33 PM   #42
backrodebob

I’ve had American Collectors for a long time, put in a claim for a 48 Chevy I had at the time. They sent out an independent appraiser and within a couple of weeks had a check for repairs.
backrodebob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 09:22 AM   #43
D-Russ

I've had Hagerty for years and have been very happy with them. I set my vehicle's value and pay accordingly.
Old 01-25-2021, 09:45 PM   #44
cajunfirehawk

We have 4 "collector cars" insured w/Hagerty, oldest is 1936, newest is 2004, for all 4 we pay about $1k a year for full agreed upon value coverage. YMMV

1936 FORD Tudor Slantback

"cajunhotrodder" on instagram/youtube
cajunfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 11:18 PM   #45
ironandsteele

I currently have 5 cars and a trailer insured with Hagerty. One of the cars is a non-op project. They are always very easy to get ahold of and work with. Always have the answers to my questions and rates are very reasonable in my opinion.

I wrote about my experience and feelings about Hagerty on my website. It can be found here: https://ironandsteele.com/blogs/news...erty-insurance
Old 01-26-2021, 01:17 PM   #46
russcc

DavidG had a point that we should all understand. Hagery,Taylor or Grundy are simply special insurance agents that focus on vintage vehicles, and they could use the same insurance company. Grundy uses Philadelphia Indemnity for example. Another important point here is; shop around between them every couple years to keep them honest, and see if someone is offering a lower rate or some other benefit. Familiarity breeds contempt. I have been in the Risk Management field at the fringe of the insurance industry for years, and most insurance is waste of money if you can manage your own risk. How do you replace an original '34 roadster if it is lost. You don't, so insurance money you get for it is useless.
russcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 06:50 AM   #47
tomkc1

Quote:
Originally Posted by russcc View Post
DavidG had a point that we should all understand. Hagery,Taylor or Grundy are simply special insurance agents that focus on vintage vehicles, and they could use the same insurance company. Grundy uses Philadelphia Indemnity for example. Another important point here is; shop around between them every couple years to keep them honest, and see if someone is offering a lower rate or some other benefit. Familiarity breeds contempt. I have been in the Risk Management field at the fringe of the insurance industry for years, and most insurance is waste of money if you can manage your own risk. How do you replace an original '34 roadster if it is lost. You don't, so insurance money you get for it is useless.
It seems like you're suggesting not to insure a '34 roadster with collision. Am I reading that right?
I have Hagerty and at Marcus' suggestion just purchased Cherished Salvage Coverage for an additional $24. I don't expect to ever need either coverages but if I do somehow total my Ford and be able to keep it once the insurance pays off seems like a no brainer to me. It like almost getting paid twice. No?
Tom
tomkc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 11:35 PM   #48
Obsolete Jim

Thumbs up Re: Hagerty insurance ?

Used several insurers years ago. Went to Hagerty about 15 years ago. No regrets!
Great to work with. Knows our needs. Prices VERY reasonable. Had one claim 8 years ago and was quickly and professionally handled to my complete satisfaction. I give 'em a 10.
Old 01-28-2021, 10:04 PM   #49
John R

Quote:
Originally Posted by estrangedcc View Post

I wrote about my experience and feelings about Hagerty on my website. It can be found here: https://ironandsteele.com/blogs/news...erty-insurance

Iron and Steel: your post is well-written and informative. The part about "my guy" was right on. Definitely worth the read. Thanks.
John
Old 01-29-2021, 06:08 PM   #50
ironandsteele

Quote:
Originally Posted by John R View Post
Iron and Steel: your post is well-written and informative. The part about "my guy" was right on. Definitely worth the read. Thanks.
John
I appreciate the feedback/compliment. Thank you for reading it!
Old 01-31-2021, 02:19 PM   #51
1948F-1Pickup

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyG View Post
Didn’t read all the reply’s but as Tubman indicates things r changing @ C&S! I’m switching to Hagerty’s in the spring 4 POM. I have 4 insured w Condon & Skelly 4 10 yrs. not bad price but very restrictive on usage now w changes concerned!
I have an email into them to see exactly what changes are afoot at Condon Skelly.....
1948F-1Pickup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 11:03 AM   #52
1948F-1Pickup

Apparently American Family was the change, according to their email response.
I used to be a vehicle damage appraiser for them at one of their corporate locations. There's a difference between a carrier and an indemnifier. I wasn't aware AmFam was an indemnifier for classic car policies.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Condon Skelly email_.jpg (34.7 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg CS enlargement.jpg (40.4 KB, 17 views)

Last edited by 1948F-1Pickup; 02-01-2021 at 11:08 AM.
1948F-1Pickup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 03:20 PM   #53
yohoc1

Hello, I sell and use Hagerty insurance here in WV, PA & ohio. I really like doing business with them!
yohoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 10:33 AM   #54
bobsmanstuff

We have had different cars over the years and insure with American Modern. Right now I have a 53 Customline. In the past I had 30 pick up and a 46 chev fleetmaster. The fleetmaster one day rolled backwards in the yard and hit a tree. Thinking it wouldn't be covered I called and it was.
bobsmanstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 06:48 PM   #55
Jeff/Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by estrangedcc View Post
I currently have 5 cars and a trailer insured with Hagerty. One of the cars is a non-op project. They are always very easy to get ahold of and work with. Always have the answers to my questions and rates are very reasonable in my opinion.

We have them too, on three antique cars and they are first-rate! And you are correct. Anytime I ever called them they were super nice and helpful.

Good folks, and a great product that they stand behind. I've been with Hagerty a good long while and don't plan on leaving

When you find a good product, supported by good and helpful folks, you have found a home.
Jeff/Illinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 03:16 PM   #56
Gene F

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ View Post
I have Grundy, but have friends who have Hagerty. Comparing notes when it comes to having a claim both companies respond very well and take care of the policy holder. I think you will find as I did that they will also save you money on the premiums. I cut my premiums in half from State Farm who used to carry my old Fords.
And when you have a claim with S/F you are not treated "square". Guy in my club is an attorney, and knows it all. Tells us "...my agent..." Yeah right.

Hagerty here.
Gene F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 03:20 PM   #57
Gene F

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomkc1 View Post
It seems like you're suggesting not to insure a '34 roadster with collision. Am I reading that right?
I have Hagerty and at Marcus' suggestion just purchased Cherished Salvage Coverage for an additional $24. I don't expect to ever need either coverages but if I do somehow total my Ford and be able to keep it once the insurance pays off seems like a no brainer to me. It like almost getting paid twice. No?
Tom
Where did you buy that coverage? I mean who sold that to you?
Old 02-13-2021, 03:22 PM   #58
Gene F

Quote:
Originally Posted by russcc View Post
You make an important point. If my car gets stolen I really want my car back in one piece. I'll never find another one all fixed up the way I want it, with the reliability I require. And the cash is generally not enough to even begin the treasure hunt all over gain.
Old 02-13-2021, 04:23 PM   #59
Aarongriffey

I’ve had JC Taylor 35 years. Four cars insured with them, including an MGB.
We go on a lot of tours with MG clubs so I have both collision and liability on that car.
The cost for insurance on the B is $27 ahead with $3,500 total lose.
I think I have 5,000 total lose coverage on the ‘29 Nash sedan along with liability and only liability on my Model T Nd ‘48 Nash.
The total insurance bill on the four cars is $119 a year!!! And I’m in Taxafornia!
Friends have reported great dealings with Hager’s and Grundy.
I wouldn’t hesitate to insure with any company named above.
It seems like they are all trying to be nicer than the next company.
Aarongriffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 05:15 PM   #60
Cecil/WV

I was with JC Taylor for many years and switched to Hagerty in 2003 because they would insure our 2001 Mustang. Good service from both.
Cecil/WV is offline   Reply With Quote