Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 08-11-2016, 05:19 PM   #1
Tom Bellfoy

Default seat tag ID number on early Vicky

I'm trying to determine the manufacturing date of my basket case Leatherback Victoria that I intend to restore. The only identifying number I can see is from a seat tag found on one of the seat springs. The metal tag has an embossed number 19295JM
- the firewall manufacturers plate had been removed, possibly by someone that needed a registration
-the frame rail on the drivers side is so badly pitted it would be impossible to even see any type of stamping
-It has the one piece splash shield and running board to that of the 1930 model A
-the rear bumper has the Canadian style fasteners, no front bumper
-the inner rear tire support is of the earliest style
-the motor is not original
I am also looking for many interior trim parts which are missing. I can supply a list of parts needed in case any forum members have any spares. I can be emailed at: [email protected]
Tom Bellfoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 05:30 PM   #2
aonemarine

Default Re: seat tag ID number on early Vicky

No pictures?
Flat firewall?
Curious about the tire mount and differences there. Could compair to mine to get you in the ballpark.
aonemarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 06:30 PM   #3
Tom Bellfoy

I have plenty of pictures but have trouble loading onto the forum.
The firewall is flat, not the indented
referencing the Model A Ford Victoria association bustle newsletter of May 1998 there is a picture of all three versions, mines is the shortest of all three and the notation on the pic says" early version. thought to be a prototype that was not sturdy enough to hold the spare tire carrier". It measures only 9 inches tall.
Old 08-11-2016, 06:59 PM   #4
Bonniewwyn

Do u have a brass tag nailed to the floor on the right side? Would be on the wood front on center of door opening about 4 inches in and about 1' x 4" FROM CANADIAN BODY COMPANY . any square hole ROBINSON SCREWS IN THE REAR SEAT CUSHION ASSEMBLY BOTTOM WOULD BE A CLUE OF CANADIAN MANUFACTURE. I have a Canadian body # 165.
Bonniewwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 07:30 PM   #5
aonemarine

I know mine is an early version much like yours, flat firewall, one peice splash aprons. I will have to look at the spare tire bracket, and research the news letter tomorrow and find out more.
My firewall tags are there, but dont recall one on the door sill area on the vickey, but the 31 chev i had the sn was there....
Old 08-11-2016, 08:28 PM   #6
Tom Bellfoy

This Vicky has been sitting out in the bush with no roof for 47 years and there is no floor or wood sill remaining, it was just crud so no brass tags. I'm in the process of making new floor sills at the moment
Old 08-11-2016, 08:42 PM   #7
aonemarine

Someone on the forum has a complete new subframe for sale......if thats any help for ya.
Old 08-12-2016, 12:04 AM   #8
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by aonemarine View Post
Someone on the forum has a complete new subframe for sale......if thats any help for ya.
I have rear window and the top sills if your interested I'll get them out of storage and post pictures of what I have.
Old 08-12-2016, 08:02 AM   #9
Bob Bidonde

Without the internal wood, there is little to go by to determine where your Leather-Back fits into the Victoria Associations list of surviving 190As. The list has well over 500 190As, but you must be an association member to access it.

However, there is a difference in the rear body support for the spare wheel mount. Early Leather-Backs have a different design than do most production bodies. Again, the difference is depicted in a publication requiring Association membership to obtain. The vertical member in the photo is a later spare wheel support.

When initially introduced by the Ford Motor Company, the 190A was touted as having unique body features which became the standards for 1931. Among those features are the running boards, running board splash aprons, radiator shell and front fenders used in 1931 production. Thus I have doubts that the 1930 style fenders on your car are the originals it was originally assembled with.

Those wishing to join the International Victoria Association need to contact Vern Schwebke who lurks on this forum as "Vern."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6005.jpg (27.8 KB, 77 views)
Old 08-12-2016, 08:29 AM   #10
C26Pinelake
BANNED

Location: Michigan / Ontario border, Sarnia, Ontario. 50 miles from Detroit and 150 from Toronto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bellfoy View Post
This Vicky has been sitting out in the bush with no roof for 47 years and there is no floor or wood sill remaining, it was just crud so no brass tags. I'm in the process of making new floor sills at the moment
I hope your pockets are deep! This one will cost you a bundle. Wayne

Last edited by C26Pinelake; 08-13-2016 at 09:39 AM.
C26Pinelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 08:32 AM   #11
aonemarine

not sure what im looking at.....
Old 08-12-2016, 11:45 AM   #12
Vern

It's an interior spare tire support bracket
Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 02:46 PM   #13
aonemarine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vern View Post
It's an interior spare tire support bracket
That much I know, but apparently there are different ones through out the build years and I was curious about the differences. I suppose its not all that important to me, I just consider mine an early 31, but I do enjoy finding out more about my vicky....The stories the car could tell....I would really like to know how she got that bullet hole.
Old 08-12-2016, 09:36 PM   #14
Tom Bellfoy

Bob Bidonde: I line in Ontario, Canada and I am currently visiting the Stowe Vermont antique car show . I have very recently joined the Victoria Association and have purchased copies of all the Bustle newsletters from 1986 to present. Just this morning I picked up the Victoria association set of two books which Brian Martin sent to me. I must admit that I have not read all of the newsletters yet. I realize its going to be difficult if not impossible to arrive at a manufacturing date of this Vicky and that does not really make a difference anyway since I am convinced it is an early version. Maybe the splashshield/running board one piece assy. was due to Canadian manufacture because it sure looked like an original install.
Regarding the spare tire rear bracket support, I am looking in new book 1 under the Anders Ramberg tab, the bracket support number A-192062-AR is the one installed in my Vicky. The radshell is a 1931 style which has the inserts.
Aonemarine: Like Vern says its a rear tire sopport bracket. When referencing the book I just mentioned you have one of two styles as follows:
A-192062--BR is installed on Steelbacks, the upper portion not show in your pic would mount vertically to the back belt rail wood (top of bracket has 4 holes for fastening)
A-192062-C is installed on leatherbacks and mounts horizontally or underneath to the back belt rail and has two holes for fastening
Mike V." i have read many of your threads and posts over the years and enjoy your comments. I dont have the pics in front of me but I think its your pics on the forum which I have referenced often on the skeletal pics of your or your sons Vicky before the metal installation-(I hope its your pics) I would like to see the pics you mentioned.
Thanks to all
for your input
Tom
Old 08-12-2016, 11:06 PM   #15
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

I believe it is Marco that had information of the set tgs but he does not post here often any more. Contact him via email to see if he can be of help. Let me get to storage and take pic. of what I have for leather back wood.

PM me your regular email address as I have some large pictures of the insides of a Leather back that are WAY too large to post here.
Old 08-13-2016, 09:25 AM   #16
aonemarine

Quote:
Aonemarine: Like Vern says its a rear tire sopport bracket. When referencing the book I just mentioned you have one of two styles as follows:
A-192062--BR is installed on Steelbacks, the upper portion not show in your pic would mount vertically to the back belt rail wood (top of bracket has 4 holes for fastening)
A-192062-C is installed on leatherbacks and mounts horizontally or underneath to the back belt rail and has two holes for fastening
Mine is a steel back version....

Old 08-13-2016, 06:27 PM   #17
Tom Bellfoy

CORRECTION: regarding back panel tire carrier brackets
I have to refer back to The International Model A Victoria Association book One, tab of Anders Ramberg, there is a discrepancy in the booklet wherein the part number show on the drawings as the Steelback to be part number A-192062-BR and the Leatherback to be part number A-192062-C
however, on the next page of drawings the numbers are the opposite.

This make no difference to me because I have the smaller version designated with the -AR

Would someone from the Victoria Association be kind enough to make the correction

tom
Old 01-25-2021, 08:36 PM   #18
Tom Bellfoy

Its been a few years now and my Victoria project has been painted, new frame and ready to be assembled. Just wondering if the Victoria Association has made changes according to my last input a few years ago.
i have also acquired another 1931 Leatherback victoria which was restored with sn: 1C113575 with motor number *CAP960*
I remain a member of the International Model A Ford Victoria Association
Tom Bellfoy, Ontario Canada
Old 01-25-2021, 11:15 PM   #19
Bill Cilker

Tom
I can tell you that the correction has not been made. I looked at the drawings and you are correct. I need to check my Steel back to see which spare tire support is in it. I think that it would have the C support. I will see what I can do to make the correction.
Thanks
Bill Cilker
President of the Victoria Association.
Victoria Association President
Bill Cilker is offline   Reply With Quote