Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-01-2021, 03:14 PM   #21
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Rubelite Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
I'm looking at the 3rd edition and I see Rubelite Red on the last page of color chips (the reds).
Looking at the paint guide (again 3rd edition), I don't see any standard 31 Fordor with a red lower as a standard paint scheme. So that could be anything. It looks great, though.

Deluxe and Town Sedan had Ford Maroon lowers. That doesn't look like Ford Maroon to me (darker). That's what I'm planning for my 30 Town Sedan when I repaint.

And I'd vote for black wheels with the Vermillion pinstripe. That looks spectacular with white walls.

JayJay
Everything you say is true, .....HOWEVER, 'one can always use the June 1931 Paint Letter as the reason why this Fordor is painted that color, -and why that color is authentic. Remember, this car was reportedly specially ordered and sold to a Drug Store owner to be used as a fleet car delivering medicines and such for his business!

Attached Files
File Type: pdf PaintLetters2Dealers.pdf (724.9 KB, 16 views)

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2021, 06:14 PM   #22
Mike Peters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peters View Post
Got this car last fall. The color didn't match anything in the 3rd edition paint guide, which does not include Rubelite Red. Now you guys have me going on Rubelite Red. What do you think?
I'm looking at the 3rd edition and I see Rubelite Red on the last page of color chips (the reds).
Looking at the paint guide (again 3rd edition), I don't see any standard 31 Fordor with a red lower as a standard paint scheme. So that could be anything. It looks great, though.

Deluxe and Town Sedan had Ford Maroon lowers. That doesn't look like Ford Maroon to me (darker). That's what I'm planning for my 30 Town Sedan when I repaint.

And I'd vote for black wheels with the Vermillion pinstripe. That looks spectacular with white walls.

JayJay

Now I see it. My wife says I can never find anything. Rubelite Red is on the last page of the 3rd edition. Thanks JayJay
The person I bought this car from probably just liked this color, so that's what was used. You are right, it's not a standard 160 sedan color, unless you use the list of colors used on deluxe cars that Brent posted.
Mike Peters is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 02-01-2021, 06:28 PM   #23
AL in NY

Rubelite Red was a commercial only color starting in September 1930 and continuing into 1931.