Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 02-17-2016, 08:24 PM   #1
GB SISSON

Default Some really great photos

OK, I am a long time poster at FTE (ford truck enthusiasts) and those of us in the '47 and older forum have been enjoying a thread started by tinman called 'vintage photos thread'. The members have really stepped up to the plate in coming up with some amazing old ford truck photos. Just look up FTE and go to the '47 and earlier group. Actually some of the photos aren't even ford trucks, but most are. The attached photo is one of my favorites. I hope I'm not breaking any code of conduct. You won't be sorry, I promise.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg air_power_43f98a259217035ae47dbf6248fc2cc5620cdbb6.jpg (51.1 KB, 236 views)
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)

Last edited by GB SISSON; 02-17-2016 at 08:30 PM.
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 10:18 PM   #2
Mike in AZ

Default Re: Some really great photos

cool.....now he needs wings....lol....Mike
Mike in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 12:59 AM   #3
GB SISSON

And brakes? Maybe he feathers the prop all the way around......
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
Old 02-18-2016, 07:12 AM   #4
SuperDave

When I was stationed at Pease AFB Portsmouth NH in the early 60's there was a fellow airman that had a contraption similar to this one. A two seater sports car with an aircraft engine and prop much like an air boat. They wouldn't let him drive it on the base until he put a cage around the blade. His father managed a small air port somewhere in Maine. It was registered in Maine, so it was street legal..
SuperDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 08:45 AM   #5
HCO41

Great picture Gary. Got any more??

SUPERDAVE, sounds like you and I were in the AF about the same time. I was stationed on a Radar site in northeastern Vermont in the early 60's. Got out in '65.
Howard
HCO41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 09:38 AM   #6
Joe Immler

And he has air conditioning.
Joe Immler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 09:58 AM   #7
Bruce Lancaster
Member Emeritus

That picture...Hispano Suiza aero V8?
Bruce Lancaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 12:54 PM   #8
V8COOPMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Lancaster View Post
That picture...Hispano Suiza aero V8?
Yup........and often just referred-to as a "Hisso". DD

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 01:12 PM   #9
Graeme / New Zealand

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB SISSON View Post
OK, I am a long time poster at FTE (ford truck enthusiasts) and those of us in the '47 and older forum have been enjoying a thread started by tinman called 'vintage photos thread'. The members have really stepped up to the plate in coming up with some amazing old ford truck photos. Just look up FTE and go to the '47 and earlier group. Actually some of the photos aren't even ford trucks, but most are. The attached photo is one of my favorites. I hope I'm not breaking any code of conduct. You won't be sorry, I promise.
It looks like one of those contraptions from the old "whacky Racers" cartoon series.

GB

"You're a long time looking at the lid"
Graeme / New Zealand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 02:10 PM   #10
GB SISSON

When I was a young teenager my folks moved us from Seattle to the Boston area. I was an outcast at school because I 'talked funny' and had no idea how to ice skate, let alone play hockey. Bobby Orr? Never heard of him.... I got kicked off the town water resevoir by the cops for flying around on my version of ice skates......Ain't no Hispano suiza.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3945.jpg (54.2 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3943.jpg (50.7 KB, 61 views)
Old 02-18-2016, 04:01 PM   #11
GB SISSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCO41 View Post
Great picture Gary. Got any more??

SUPERDAVE, sounds like you and I were in the AF about the same time. I was stationed on a Radar site in northeastern Vermont in the early 60's. Got out in '65.
Howard
There's lots more. I'd say 90% of the pics are early v8s because that's where this thread is on FTE. I'll put out another from my desk top, but was just thinking since we are all so like minded about 'the old days' and if you are out cruising for something to look at some evening I think you would enjoy Tinman's thread.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Car hauler woodie.jpg (10.3 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg modeltt_hauling_1921_hr_46f5f83c5ef4a6bb03afa7e3854a9ede304a4e28.jpg (103.4 KB, 37 views)