Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-26-2021, 04:54 PM   #1
jg61hawk

Default MARC 2022 Hotels

I called the Host Holiday Inn Hotel and they are booked in Morgantown PA.... I looked at the next one The Tru by Hilton in Denver PA.... I'm just asking....It looked to be a 25 minute drive between the two.....I don't want to drive 25 minutes everyday to the meet and back etc.... Anyone got ideas on this or correct my navigation skills??? Thanks. As this nears I would be open to a PM on anyone wanting to give up a reservation on the Host Hotel.... Thanks. Jim
jg61hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 08:43 PM   #2
chrs1961815

Default Re: MARC 2022 Hotels

Don't count on it, I think the host hotel has less than 100 rooms. I will probably get berated for this, but I wish they picked a better hotel with more rooms. Nobody really likes shuttling between hotels and most of the action is always at the host hotel.
Old 07-27-2021, 07:16 AM   #3
Jim Baskin III Pa.

Holiday Inn is the Host hotel and has 185 rooms
Jim Baskin III Pa. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 07:36 AM   #4
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Jim, I noticed that too. I host an annual Model-T event each year and the issue I find trying to pick a location each year is always lodging and trailer parking. In the situation of most larger club meets, the hotels that can accommodate the sheer volume of rooms needed generally are in a larger metropolitan area where there is not suitable parking nearby for the trailers and support vehicles, ...and when you leave the hotel in your A each day, you are generally fighting heavy traffic congestion which can be risky too.

The other thing that you often find with the larger hotels is their pricing can be too much for many families to afford. In the 2022 meet's case, it appears they chose a rural area with a large mall (classic car mall) that can conveniently handle the support vehicles and the attendees, and they chose the rural setting to be the priority. It will be OK, as there will be a hotels full of Model-Aers everywhere in the surrounding areas. You will be following and passing oncoming Model-As everywhere and it won't seem that far to drive back to the hotel.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote