Go Back   The Ford Barn > The Swap Meet > Wanted > Early V8

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-11-2019, 11:12 AM   #1
truckdog62563

Default WTB - Firestone 20” x 6” (4.33”) RH/RI Side Ring

City: Rochester
State: IL

I have a NOS Budd #34909 / Ford BB 1015E wheel that I found at auction, but it is missing its side ring. Guys that know me know I’m a student of these old wheels, but have looked for a nice matching side ring without success. I have other wheels I could rob, but then would have a similar problem there. Commonly these old wheels suffer rust damage along the riveted seam, but the rings sometimes aren’t hurt too badly. So the below pictures show what I’m looking for.

This is the Firestone RH type disc wheel having the solid/unbroken side ring on the face side of the rim. The RH disc wheel shared its side ring with the RI type demountable rim. Thus all the rings have RI coding. The key identifying feature of the 6”(4.33”) ring is its 1.125” height measurement as shown in the second diagram. The narrower 5”(3.75”) rim’s ring measures 1.00” while the wider 7”(5.00”) rim’s ring measures 1.312”.

Also pictured below is a NOS 20” x 7”(5.00”) ring showing Firestone’s stamped identification on the inside of the ring. Commonly this stamping is long gone after 80 years, so the measurements given above are the surest way to identify the 6”(4.33)”. Thanks. Stu