Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-04-2021, 07:08 PM   #21
35fordtn

Default Re: Do you think there will be another V-8 National meet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ View Post
I believe that is not going to happen. It appears that they are going back to Dearborn. I believe that decision has been made by the BOD. Been to Dearborn 4 times and have no desire to return.
That's too bad you feel that way Tom. I personally will / would attend whether it is in Auburn, Dearborn, or anywhere. I don't go to meets for the location but rather the meet itself. Naturally Auburn and Dearborn have large amounts of Ford interest in the area. Since, the GN's are hosted by the BOD we have to go with what they are able and willing to do (PS I am no longer on the BOD).

Ken,
I have had my vaccines, and as a young person had ZERO side effects and am happy older people can be comfortable around me now.. If I start to grow a extra toe I'll let you know.. but just do it. I personally dont see thepolitics in it one way or another
35fordtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 06:17 AM   #22
Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35fordtn View Post
Ken,
I have had my vaccines, and as a young person had ZERO side effects and am happy older people can be comfortable around me now.. If I start to grow a extra toe I'll let you know.. but just do it. I personally dont see thepolitics in it one way or another
Michael as an MD I have researched the Pifzer vaccine throughly so I can inform my patients. I am very confident it is safe and effective and have had it myself as has most of my immediate family (access being the issue for the one that hasn't) . There is very little in the vaccine apart from a small partial strand of synthetic viral mesenger RNA (a sort of construction code ) wrapped in a cholesterol molecule to protect it for a little while in the body . The rna doesn't enter the nucleus of your cells It instructs the assembly area in the cell to produce one of the spikes on the outside of the virus (and that is all ) and then the rna is digested by the cell - The spike provokes the immune reaction and is also destroyed -Very eloquent and effective
Old 05-05-2021, 09:41 AM   #23
rockfla

As for the Grand National back in Detroit compared to Auburn.......I for one feel close to Tom's sentiment......Been to Detroit for the 1973, 2003 & 2008 AND the only reason I will be going IF its there again in 2023 IS to hopefully visit a good friend there in Detroit AND to head north to Hickory Corners to the Classic Car Club Museum's as they are not too far away. Other than that, it seems as IF Ford Motor Company could care less that we are there, having the Concour on a "black top" parking lot get "unbearably" hot and absolutely NO fun, The roads are beyond horrible and not conducive to driving your V8, and unfortunately I went to Auburn in 2009 for the Central National AND its ruined Detroit for me, much more laid back, much more comfortable, much nicer area for a car show AND.....NO further a drive for me (or less for that matter)!!!! JMO

Last edited by rockfla; 05-05-2021 at 09:58 AM.
rockfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 10:09 AM   #24
DavidG

Robert,

The roads are in pretty good shape these days and Auburn does not have a hotel big enough with the required on-site facilities for the size of the GNM. The latter rules out Auburn (which has zero historical connection with Ford other than the Foundation's museum) until the Club membership shrinks to the point where Auburn becomes a viable alternative. I agree with you about the virtues of grass versus asphalt unless it rains all week prior to the meet.

When in Hickory Corners, don't miss the Lincoln Motor Car Foundation's museum along with the other six there. Your Detroit friend's '31 K sport phaeton will be part of the permanent collection there by then.
DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 10:49 AM   #25
rockfla

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidG View Post
Robert,

The roads are in pretty good shape these days and Auburn does not have a hotel big enough with the required on-site facilities for the size of the GNM. The latter rules out Auburn (which has zero historical connection with Ford other than the Foundation's museum) until the Club membership shrinks to the point where Auburn becomes a viable alternative. I agree with you about the virtues of grass versus asphalt unless it rains all week prior to the meet.

When in Hickory Corners, don't miss the Lincoln Motor Car Foundation's museum along with the other six there. Your Detroit friend's '31 K sport phaeton will be part of the permanent collection there by then.
David
Ever the "voice" of reason & wisdom!! You blew my cover as I was trying to be incognito!!! AS to the latter statement was the "MAIN" driving force of the whole trip up there!!!

Hope all is well with you? Take good care!!!

Last edited by rockfla; 05-05-2021 at 11:03 AM.
rockfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 11:15 AM   #26
TJ

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 35fordtn View Post
That's too bad you feel that way Tom. I personally will / would attend whether it is in Auburn, Dearborn, or anywhere. I don't go to meets for the location but rather the meet itself. Naturally Auburn and Dearborn have large amounts of Ford interest in the area. Since, the GN's are hosted by the BOD we have to go with what they are able and willing to do (PS I am no longer on the BOD).

Ken,
Michael , I should temper my comment a little and am not trying to discourage anyone from going. At this stage of my life I've seen everything I wanted to see in Dearborn and just don't have a need to return. Our four previous trips have given us some great memories.
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 06:20 PM   #27
Kube

I've enjoyed both Dearborn and Auburn meets numerous times.
Dearborn is always a "home coming" of sorts to me. It is the "big daddy" of the national shows and if I am not mistaken, it is supposed to be the place the Grand National is held each five years according to the by-laws of the club. I do understand that times change but hope, for the near future at least, Dearborn remains the Grand National location.
I for one, can tour the museum and Greenfield Village time and again. They are both treasures.