Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-02-2023, 10:59 AM   #1
History

Default Window Anti Rattle T-rubber

Does anyone sell the anti rattle t rubber by itself? I’ve looked and can’t seem to find it?? My felt channels are ok so I dont need an entire kit, I guess you could just use a windshield wiper blade.
History is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 03:47 PM   #2
Vern

Default Re: Window Anti Rattle T-rubber

Don’t know what car you have, But Tom Endy posted the anti-rattle rubber on the Santa Anita A’s web site, attached here:

Rubber Glass Bumpers by Tom Endy
The Model A Ford Victoria and the A-400 incorporate two rubber bumpers in the door windows that are unique to these two body styles. The slant window town sedan does not use them. For that reason, Model A suppliers do not carry them. However, Ford continued them in the design of the 1932-1935 Fords. Therefore, many V8-Ford suppliers do carry them.
There are two slots that the bumpers fit into. One is located in the center of the bottom edge of the garnish molding. The other is located in the outer doorframe. Both slots are about one inch long and slightly less than 1\4” wide. The bumper’s purpose is to rub against the glass on both sides to prevent the glass from rubbing on the metal garnish and doorframe. There is a pair of bumpers in each door.
The 1932–1935 part numbers:
The bumper that fits into the garnish molding is part number B-46044. (stock number B-7021444) The bumper that fits into the doorframe is part number B-45380. (stock number B-7021452). Each has a slightly different shape from the other. Both bumpers are shown in the sketch below.
One such supplier that has stocked the bumpers in the past is C&G Early Ford Parts in Escondido, CA 760-740- 2400. They are carried under the stock number. The price is next to nothing.
Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 07:44 AM   #3
Bob Bidonde

I found all of the glass bumper rubbers at early V8 parts suppliers as the 1932 - 34 Fords have parts common to the Model "A."
Old 04-03-2023, 10:19 AM   #4
rotorwrench

Snyder's carries it. This link should have it. It's the upper door seal (rubber only).

https://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/s...ht=door+rubber
rotorwrench is offline   Reply With Quote