Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 03-29-2020, 03:48 PM   #1
Ol' Ron

Default A Delma, selling my truck

]About a month ago I went with a fellow to buy a 47 F1 PU in NH. Asking price 9500. The truch was complete and they said it ran. Unfortunately . it didn't when we got there. The truck had seen better days but was original. The engine was an 8ba. We negotiated a price providing it ran. A week or so later, I got a call from the buyer, he had it home and it does run. At present he's rewiring it fixing the brakes and getting it ready for a road trip around the block to see what else it needs. Haven't heard from him again
This got me thinking, at 87 no drivers License, and nobody in the family wants it i should sell it. SSSSssOOOooo!!!!!!

I put the roadster in a bag outside, and brought the truck in to get ready to sell and the virus hit.. I love the old INt (47 International) I've had it since 84, bought it with my drinking money. It started out stock with bad steering, brakes and engine. I nuested it along for a year or two, but ran out of drinking money and had to paek it back in the woods.. It sat there untill the late 80's when I started building engines ( quit drinking in 86) Dragged it out of the woods and started it on it's new life.

To be continued......
Ol' Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 03:54 PM   #2
KiWinUS

Default Re: A Delma, selling my truck

You are a very inspirational young man Ol Ron. You have inspired me in many ways. To stop drinking is huge so proud. You inspired me to make the L100 available to all again. You are a model to follow in my books.
Cheers
KiWinUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 06:07 AM   #3
Bored&Stroked

Hey Ron - thanks for posting and I always enjoy what you write and your wisdom about many things. You made a huge investment in yourself to quit drinking - has probably had a lot to do with your longer life! Are you thinking of selling the 47 International truck? They are a really cool looking truck . . . love them. Anyway, best of luck and I wish you success with your projects. I wish I was closer - would come over and lend a hand.
Bored&Stroked is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 10:05 AM   #4
Cecil/WV

Sure you want to sell it?? When I visited you, you were in the process of installing an engine. keep at it! I was there in fall of 2013.
Cecil/WV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 01:26 PM   #5
Clem Clement

Stay dry and a hand on the Good Book. trucking season is here. Get 'er going again. My '39 talks to me every day. Listen to your truck
Clem
Clem Clement is offline   Reply With Quote