Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-07-2018, 02:26 PM   #1
Teacher John

Default 1934 Ford 1/2 Ton

Hey there! I just joined this forum. I need help finding some parts for my '34 Ford truck. I just bought this girl and am new to the process. I am finding very difficult to find OLD, USED, pieces that will blend in with the truck. I have no plans to 'restore' her. I do plan to clear coat the original patina. The 59AB runs well. I need the following insofar as I know right now. Any help sourcing these would be greatly appreciated.

driver's side mirror....just the mirror, not the arm.
interior door handle
gas gauge
door glass, both sides
cab wood
radiator cap
banjo steering wheel (Can I use a thirties column if the current column and steering box is late 50's?)

Thanks!
Teacher John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 02:33 PM   #2
rockfla

Default Re: 1934 Ford 1/2 Ton

Welcome and congrats on getting one of best looking Ford trucks ever....If you look to the north on this web site there is a section called "swap meet"....click on that and you will see two sections......ONE- "for sale" and TWO- "Wanted"......you might find you're needs better met over there......This is the "forums" section for any questions you may have repairing/fixing or year/model specific etc etc and there are plenty of very knowledgeable and fine fellows on here who can answer those types of questions!!!!
rockfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 02:42 PM   #3
Teacher John

OH, my apologies! I'll repost it over there!
Teacher John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 02:58 PM   #4
Charlie Stephens

The "wanted" is the best place to post what you need but welcome and how about a coupe of pictures? You should add your general location to your profile, you can never tell when that information might be useful. Be sure to post questions here as people cannot respond to questions in the classified section.

Charlie Stephens

Last edited by Charlie Stephens; 12-07-2018 at 03:21 PM.
Charlie Stephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 07:21 PM   #5
TJ

For your cab wood you need to check with some of the V-8 parts vendors who advertise in publications like the V-8 Times, etc. if you are not an Early Ford V-8 Club member you should join as the V-8 times magazine is worth the price of the dues. Also go to the V-8 Club website and post a want ad there for your parts(www.earlyfordv8.org).
In regards to your question on the banjo steering wheel it will not work with the later column. You need to use the '39 or earlier column or have your local muffler shop make a column mast jacket for you that replicates the '39 or earlier column with the flare at the top. You will also need to use the '48 or earlier steering shaft with the taper and keyway for the banjo.
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote