Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Late V8 (1954+)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-11-2017, 07:23 PM   #1
abe54

Default Need help to ID a car part

I have two Ford trucks and know very little about cars especially 70's Fords. I have a 71 NOS mustang part I want to sell but need to know more about it first.

The part number is D1ZZ 6881 A. I know it is a oil cooler adapter but am not sure what size engine it is for. I would also like to know approximately what it is worth.

Thanks. Will post a pic of it soon.
abe54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 09:39 PM   #2
50fordcoupeman

Default Re: Need help to ID a car part

There is one on E-Bay. They say it is for a 429 Mustang Boss. Listed for $1450. Can that be right??????? Holy Cow!!
50fordcoupeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 10:13 PM   #3
flatrod

With a D1ZZ part number, it should be for a Boss 351 Mustang. Boss 302 and Boss 429 had C9ZE or D0ZE numbers, I would have to dig mine out to see for sure what numbers are on it. As to what yours fit, if you have all the parts, block insert and bolt with gaskets, it should fit anything that used a FL1A oil filter. (Standard Ford oil filter for most cars) If it is a true Boss part, it should have good value.
flatrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 10:45 PM   #4
abe54

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50fordcoupeman View Post
There is one on E-Bay. They say it is for a 429 Mustang Boss. Listed for $1450. Can that be right??????? Holy Cow!!
I've seen the one eBay. Mine looks just like that one. He says his is for both the Boss 429 and the SCJ 429.

The trouble with eBay is that you can ask any price you want. Last summer I had a smog pump for a Mustang. Some guy had one just like mine listed for $1500. It is still on eBay. It never sold. I sold mine for less but I got cash in my hand to spend on my trucks.

So before I try to sell mine I was thinking an idea about what they are worth.
Thanks.
Old 01-11-2017, 10:48 PM   #5
abe54

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatrod View Post
With a D1ZZ part number, it should be for a Boss 351 Mustang. Boss 302 and Boss 429 had C9ZE or D0ZE numbers, I would have to dig mine out to see for sure what numbers are on it. As to what yours fit, if you have all the parts, block insert and bolt with gaskets, it should fit anything that used a FL1A oil filter. (Standard Ford oil filter for most cars) If it is a true Boss part, it should have good value.
I do not have any other parts or inserts or gaskets.

Thanks for the help. If you can find yours i would appreciate that. I'd like to know what this piece is for before I list it.
Old 01-13-2017, 01:09 AM   #6
flatrod

I think the one you have goes to a 429 SCJ or Boss 351. SCJ's and Boss 302 and 351 had what is called a Drag Pac, which added the oil cooler. It was standard on the Boss 429. The one I have I took off a Boss 302 with the Drag Pac, it is cast D0ZE-6884-A. It does not look like the D1ZZ adaptor. That one on Ebay will be there awhile, they don't sell for that. All that guy's stuff is over priced in my opinion.
flatrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2017, 10:29 PM   #7
fordor41

Funny, I was looking for a SBF oil breather cap on Ebay. If it was for a Cobra, Boss all the sudden they go for $30-$40 even though same cap fits about any Ford engine and cost $7-$10.
fordor41 is offline   Reply With Quote