Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-10-2010, 03:01 PM   #1
kevinanderson

Default another water pump question

Hey Guys-Firsty thanks for answers to some of the questions I have posted. You and the D-24/P-15 Mopar guys are really helpful. (The forwardlook crowd, no thats another story)

First, I'm working on my first flathead. It was overhauled 10/57 by a local guy and my Dad's had it for about 25 years just laying around. Pulled heads and pan and everything looks new. No rust or anything. We are putting it in a '35 5 window that my Dad has owned since '57 and has been off the road for 35 years(i swear this car is haunted by the old maid that bought it new-anyone interested in the story i'll start a different thread later). The non original motor had no oil pressure so we are throwing this in. Had ir running for a short time, but waiting for the radiator so we can get it good and warmed up and check for lifter tolerences etc....

Anyway, to the question, this motor had a set of aluminum water pumps that I rebuilt. No Ford script. My Dad says he doesn't recall ever seeing a set. Are they relatively scarce?
kevinanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 05:43 PM   #2
BillM

Default Re: another water pump question

[QUOTE= Are they relatively scarce?[/QUOTE]
Uh, yeah, I'd say extremely scarce. There are some available from Australia and Flathead Jack in CA but those are pretty recent offerings. What year block is this?
BillM is offline   Reply With Quote