Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-28-2021, 06:18 PM   #1
jbwthree

Default Turn Signals

Hello all...I intend to add turn signals to my ‘30 Tudor and my plan is to add LED tail lights and utilize the cowl lights with amber lenses for the front. Seeking inputs on my plan...I’m looking at the ready made complete harness with column mounted switch from Sacramento Vintage Ford as well as the LED tail light assemblies they offer. I understand that the cowl sockets and bulbs will need to be swapped for a dual filament but wondering if the tail lights use the same bulb (or LEDs) for both brake and directional ? Thanks in advance for any experience you can share with this combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jbwthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 02:51 AM   #2
RB_Nielsen

Default Re: Turn Signals

You may want to take a look at the best turn signal system available for Model As - http://www.turnswitch.com/Turnsignal.htm which is a solid state product that works out the box with both 6V or 12V, LED lights w/wo resisters, has several programmable options to choose from for automatic signal canceling - works without having to deal with any flasher, the list goes on. Many like myself opted for the cheaper toggle switch version that can be hidden.
RB_Nielsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 12:45 PM   #3
CarlG

I have the Signal Stat 900 that I purchased from Sacramento Vintage Ford as well. The cowl lights will have to be dual filament. The tail lights have separate sockets for brake and tail lights. I opted to get the LED lenses that have the LEDs molded into the lens itself. You could also use separate LED bulbs to accomplish this as well. For all LEDs, you will need an electronic flasher as well.

I've had this set-up now for 10 years, works like a charm, and looks period correct.
Model A Restorers Club
Antique Automobile Club of America
Mullins Owner's Club
CarlG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 04:26 PM   #4
jbwthree

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlG View Post
I have the Signal Stat 900 that I purchased from Sacramento Vintage Ford as well. The cowl lights will have to be dual filament. The tail lights have separate sockets for brake and tail lights. I opted to get the LED lenses that have the LEDs molded into the lens itself. You could also use separate LED bulbs to accomplish this as well. For all LEDs, you will need an electronic flasher as well.

I've had this set-up now for 10 years, works like a charm, and looks period correct.

Carl - thanks for your response. You’ve confirmed my path forward. I did take a look at the Logo Lites option but this is my preferred approach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jbwthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2021, 07:48 PM   #5
1930pu

I agree with RB Nielsen they are the best turn signal kit I used yet, I used their box and my toggle switch a quality product. And when I called with some questions before I bought it he took all the time needed to answer the questions for me, fast shipping and simple to install.... JIm
1930pu is offline   Reply With Quote