Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 12-04-2020, 04:59 PM   #1
40larry

Default Help attaching a photo to a private message.

How do I attach a photo to a private message I am sending?
Thanks..........40larry
40larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 05:43 PM   #2
VeryTangled

Default Re: Help attaching a photo to a private message.

40larry, In my experience PM's do not allow that feature.

Have you thought about supporting the Early Ford V-8 Foundation Museum?
VeryTangled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 05:48 PM   #3
51 MERC-CT

The only way I have used is to load properly sized pics into your albums, then view the enlarged image. then copy the [IMG] link below the pic and paste in below message.
Old 12-04-2020, 06:06 PM   #4
38bill

I PM them for their email address. Its easy to attach a photo to a email.
38bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2020, 07:53 PM   #5
JSeery
Member Emeritus

I always use emails after the initial contact. A lot more flexibility with emails.
JSeery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 06:18 AM   #6
V8COOPMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40larry View Post
How do I attach a photo to a private message I am sending?
Thanks..........40larry
Hey Larry..... MANY of these guys haven't taken the time to play-around with the FordBarn and discover just how EASY it is to post pictures here, including in PMs. This PM to you should show that PM pictures is entirely possible, and becomes very easy to do once you do it a few times. The only thing to remember for posting pics in a PM is that the image MUST already be posted SOMEWHERE on the internet, in the form of a "URL". Once you decide on a picture (which is ALREADY posted on the WWW) to send, look up at the very top of the PM window in which you are typing your message. You will see a SQUARE, YELLOW icon with MOUNTAINS in it....( ). You will use that icon to post your picture. Go to the picture you wish to include in your PM. Using your mouse, put your cursor on the image. RIGHT CLICK! A window drops-down. If you're using any of the latest browsers, you should see a line something like: "Copy Image LINK". LEFT CLICK on that line. Now, that image ("URL") is stored (I like to call it) in the MOUSE. Now, referring back to your PM-in-progress, LEFT CLICK on that SQUARE, YELLOW icon up above with the mountains in it. A small window opens-up. Place your cursor on the completely BLANK space that appears in that window, RIGHT CLICK, and a window drops-down. LEFT CLICK on "PASTE". LEFT CLICK on "OK". And there is your picture.

If you want to post a picture saved from your personal computer, you must first post that picture somewhere on the internet. When you do that, that picture becomes a specifically-coded "URL". Just like above, you can now post that URL in a PM. So , just WHERE can you post your personal picture on the internet? Well, there are a whole bunch of image-hosting sites all over the WWW for that purpose. But, you can also post that picture in your personal ALBUM right here on the FordBarn. Ryan graciously affords each of us the opportunity to utilize an album, or two, or three.....! Anyway, once your pic is posted on your album, IT IS POSTED ON THE INTERNET! Now, just follow the procedure above to copy and paste the URL of those pictures from your personal album, to a PM in progress.

I will send you a PM, including the picture of Lumpy's '40 convertible which can easily be found on the internet, plus a personal airplane picture from "MY PICTURES" on my computer which I uploaded to my FordBarn album just for you. Once you complete the "copy and paste" procedure above a few times, it becomes second nature. It sounds complicated, but in reality, I can usually copy and paste each individual "URL" into a PM in four or five seconds. Easy-peasy! Any more questions....just ask! See my PM to you! DD

PS....Does anyone know what type of airplane this is pictured below?

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE

Last edited by V8COOPMAN; 12-05-2020 at 02:36 PM.
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2020, 10:34 AM   #7
JSeery
Member Emeritus

Good info V8. That explains my lack on knowledge in this area, I'm not into posting photos on the internet (outside of the Barn/HAMB).
JSeery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 03:01 AM   #8
Randy in ca

Can also use the Test Section to host your pictures to send in PM's. Post your picture(s) into a thread in the Test Section, then copy that URL and insert it into your message.
Randy in ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 09:18 PM   #9
Will D

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8COOPMAN View Post
Hey Larry..... MANY of these guys haven't taken the time to play-around with the FordBarn and discover just how EASY it is to post pictures here, including in PMs. This PM to you should show that PM pictures is entirely possible, and becomes very easy to do once you do it a few times. The only thing to remember for posting pics in a PM is that the image MUST already be posted SOMEWHERE on the internet, in the form of a "URL". Once you decide on a picture (which is ALREADY posted on the WWW) to send, look up at the very top of the PM window in which you are typing your message. You will see a SQUARE, YELLOW icon with MOUNTAINS in it....( ). You will use that icon to post your picture. Go to the picture you wish to include in your PM. Using your mouse, put your cursor on the image. RIGHT CLICK! A window drops-down. If you're using any of the latest browsers, you should see a line something like: "Copy Image LINK". LEFT CLICK on that line. Now, that image ("URL") is stored (I like to call it) in the MOUSE. Now, referring back to your PM-in-progress, LEFT CLICK on that SQUARE, YELLOW icon up above with the mountains in it. A small window opens-up. Place your cursor on the completely BLANK space that appears in that window, RIGHT CLICK, and a window drops-down. LEFT CLICK on "PASTE". LEFT CLICK on "OK". And there is your picture.

If you want to post a picture saved from your personal computer, you must first post that picture somewhere on the internet. When you do that, that picture becomes a specifically-coded "URL". Just like above, you can now post that URL in a PM. So , just WHERE can you post your personal picture on the internet? Well, there are a whole bunch of image-hosting sites all over the WWW for that purpose. But, you can also post that picture in your personal ALBUM right here on the FordBarn. Ryan graciously affords each of us the opportunity to utilize an album, or two, or three.....! Anyway, once your pic is posted on your album, IT IS POSTED ON THE INTERNET! Now, just follow the procedure above to copy and paste the URL of those pictures from your personal album, to a PM in progress.

I will send you a PM, including the picture of Lumpy's '40 convertible which can easily be found on the internet, plus a personal airplane picture from "MY PICTURES" on my computer which I uploaded to my FordBarn album just for you. Once you complete the "copy and paste" procedure above a few times, it becomes second nature. It sounds complicated, but in reality, I can usually copy and paste each individual "URL" into a PM in four or five seconds. Easy-peasy! Any more questions....just ask! See my PM to you! DD

PS....Does anyone know what type of airplane this is pictured below?

Douglas B-23 Dragon. Great instructions coop.
Will D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 05:25 AM   #10
V8COOPMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will D View Post
Douglas B-23 Dragon. Great instructions coop.
Thanks for that, Will!

Now....NOBODY knows what a B-23 is, so how is it that YOU know what a B-23 is? I hope you didn't cheat and use that "N"-number. YWB

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020, 02:52 PM   #11
Will D

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8COOPMAN View Post
Thanks for that, Will!

Now....NOBODY knows what a B-23 is, so how is it that YOU know what a B-23 is? I hope you didn't cheat and use that "N"-number. YWB
Not sure if I cheated per say but I didn't previously know. I just so happened to be on the home page when you updated your photo album. Recent additions are posted and I took a gander....

You never know what you may learn from the coopman
Will D is offline   Reply With Quote