Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-26-2022, 11:18 AM   #1
Joe K

Default Epping, NH Antique Auto Flea Market

Field dry - (like most everything else right now)
Lower Field (usual spot) about 90 percent full. Nobody in the upper field.

About 1/3 "Auto memorabilia." Half of that old (oil cans, 1950s era goodies) Half "new reproduction." Several "fuzzy dice" sellers.

About half the show is "post war parts." Want something for a big-block V8 and I expect they have it there.

No Model A Vendors but a couple or three of the "regular" used Model A part sellers. A smattering of parts spread out over the rest.

Selection ok - but mostly smaller Model A items. Couple of good looking gas tanks, lot of distributors, some starters & generators, and I saw the $3 Marvel carb. I've bought that there before.

I found a $1 Model A water pump - which turns and a candidate for rebuilding, and a $1 30-31 throttle linkage that needs work on the link connect to the steering column.
I tend to be a bottom feeder looking for the deals.

And a nice looking (restore-able) $50 Model A radiator shell for use on a truck when painted. No cracks, still has the burnished off "Ford" emblem center top. The seller made much of that but without the chrome it ain't pretty. As I said to him "You pop them out and after rust removal they fall out henceforth."

Maybe somebody re-plates these? I've always gone repop.

Warm day though. By 9 a.m. some were already packing it in.

Joe K
Old 06-26-2022, 12:12 PM   #2
Brentwood Bob

Default Re: Epping, NH Antique Auto Flea Market

Just right.
Brentwood Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 01:04 PM   #3
Keith True

I didn't go.I don't need anything,I am still staying away from crowds,and the heat was setting in.And,it's so far away.2-1/2 miles from my house.I always have a few friends stop here after they leave there.They're street rod guys,and they always find something.I had a few things for sale,and in the few days before the flea market I will get a bunch of calls.Guys are trying to scoop up stuff to sell there.I had a nice rumble lid and cushions,some 30 front fenders,and some roadster doors.I get offers of 1/2 or 1/4 of my price so they can take it to the dragway flea market.While everybody is welcome there,that meet is prmarily rod/custom/performance/muscle stuff.
Keith True is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 06:42 PM   #4
dpson

I arrived around 8 am and some vendors were packing up around 9 am.I picked up a pair of 30-31 truck headlights with bar there this morning.
dpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 07:34 PM   #5
Keith True

I was an Amherst rat from about 1974 to about 2004.I learned fast that I had to be there early.Never later than 6:00,and usually 5:30.Back then the A guys day was over at 9:00.Now,with a lot of the parts being sold are leftover stuff from street rod builds the guys are around much later.I could always get to Amherst,40 miles away by 5:30 AM,but I can't seem to get to the dragway by 6:00,which is 2-1/2 miles away.
Keith True is offline   Reply With Quote