Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-07-2016, 01:15 AM   #1
DougVieyra

Default Bert's is moving !

Just went to the website of Bert’s Model A Ford Center,(AKA "Berts") previously outside of Denver, and found this message accross the top of their website"

"WE are moving!!!!!! The last day at our old location will be October 19th. WE WILL BE CLOSED OCTOBER 20th-24th. We will re-open in our new 21,000 square foot store at 2767 South Tejon Street in Englewood, CO . 80110 on Tuesday October 25th."

I am hoping that the NEXT time they want to expand they will consider the LOW rent and large (empty) warehouses that used to be Lumber Mills - in Eureka, California !
DougVieyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 01:52 AM   #2
C26Pinelake
BANNED

Location: Michigan / Ontario border, Sarnia, Ontario. 50 miles from Detroit and 150 from Toronto.
Default Re: Bert's is moving !

I would have thought they would have put a notice on this site! Oh well we are only customers. Wayne
C26Pinelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 05:25 AM   #3
captndan

South Tejon St. is in the low rent district. Good luck.
captndan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 07:25 AM   #4
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida

From the end of June;

Yes, we are moving in late August. While our current building has lots of character (old), it costs a fortune to heat in the winter, is an oven in the summer, and our neighborhood is now being built up with $600K condos and micro breweries.

Our new place has 22,000 square feet, all insulated and air conditioned, and will allow us to have everything indoors- no more shoveling snow to find that perfect original part.

We will undoubtedly find some things we haven't seen in years ( we already have started moving and found lots of cool stuff).

It will be a lot of work, will allow us to thin out some things we really don't need, and will allow us to display many cool old treasures we have had tucked away upstairs for decades.

When we open the new Bert's store, we will be sure to let you know. The exact date is still up in the air. Late summer/ early fall.

Steve @ Bert's
Modelastore.com
Old 10-07-2016, 12:31 PM   #5
DougVieyra

I missed it's post at the end of June and I suspect that others too might have missed it. Thank you Mike, for reaching back into the 'archives' and sharing that earlier post by Steve, regarding the moving of Bert's.
DougVieyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 01:06 PM   #6
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by captndan View Post
South Tejon St. is in the low rent district. Good luck.
Looking at the property thru Google's eyes, both the building and the area looks pretty decent to me. I am excited for Steve and his guys.

FWIW, since I also recently moved my business, I spoke to Steve a couple of times on how he was doing his move, -and shared with him how we did ours. In one of our conversations Steve told me that he visited a couple of large-scale "salvage yards" to see how they did their inventory system and got some ideas he is going to implement. IMO Steve moving will be good for the hobby and his business as it forces him to make changes that he likely would have never done at the old place. I'm sure that his new 22k square foot facility will fill up quick. I know I went from around 8k square foot to a 30k square foot facility ...and I am filling it up really fast too! What was that saying about "You can never have...."

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote