Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-24-2020, 04:43 PM   #1
WHN

Default Just took a ride in the 29.

You know, even after 60 years of driving these things, it still puts a smile on my face to go out for a drive.

My wife heard the Model A start up and came running out to go along.

I can’t take our grandson out for his annual summer runs, he lives in Atlanta and because of the virus isn’t coming to the beach this summer.

No car show either.

But, I still have my drives. Looking down the hood, seeing those headlights. Hearing the motor. It doesn’t get any better. Memories!

Enjoy.
WHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 05:00 PM   #2
Chuck Sea/Tac

Default Re: Just took a ride in the 29.

That’s the truth!
Chuck Sea/Tac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 06:15 PM   #3
kbinde2

Sometimes just a short ride around the block can lift all the weight off your shoulders from our day. A wave from those down the street, or while stopped at a red light always makes me grin just a little.
I hope it brings them as much pleasure seeing our cars or hearing an A-hooga,
as it does me.

Don't let them sit.. they need the exercise as much as we do..!! kb
kbinde2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 08:20 PM   #4
holdover

We watch the grand kids, (9 & 13) 3 days a week, Wed.- Fri. If they are not here they are home, no where else, so things are safe. They get academic teaching for a couple of hours every day, then we work on projects. I live on a farm so they have room to drive vehicles and do many other things. I start the kids off at 8 years old how to drive a vehicle and to shift a manual trans, they each have vehicles to drive. With 5 As there is always something to do, they have worked on carbs, starters, trans, seen brake work know how to prep a vehicle for paint and many other things, if they were a bit older I would be teaching them welding. We are also working on two other vehicles, a 1992 Mustang hatchback and a '84 RX 7 track car. The Mustang has had a complete change of suspension to race spec pieces, new brakes , lines, exhaust sway bars, springs etc. The RX 7 has a built 302 and 5 speed, 95 Corvette front and rear suspension, drilled and slotted rotors, Hawk brakes etc. We are now putting in a 10 point roll bar, racing seats and harness. We plan to use it to Auto Cross with the SCCA and do track time at Virginia International Raceway, same with the Mustang, once this Virus is over. Been doing SCCA since the early 60s. Today we took the '31 TuDor for a ride on the Blue Ridge Parkway and a picnic. A good time was had by all. Between the garage and the academics there is always something to do. be safe..
holdover is offline   Reply With Quote