Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-17-2022, 06:42 PM   #1
SAXBY2

Default Round Northeast Speedometer

I want to just remove the Northeast odometer wheels and replace the numbers.The threads and tutorials focus primarily on the Stewart Warner. Anyone have a procedure to do that without sending to a vendor?
SAXBY2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 01:55 PM   #2
DHZIEMAN

Default Re: Round Northeast Speedometer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAXBY2 View Post
I want to just remove the Northeast odometer wheels and replace the numbers.The threads and tutorials focus primarily on the Stewart Warner. Anyone have a procedure to do that without sending to a vendor?
Well now! The speedometer you have is one of the least installed in Model a Fords, so if you intention is to keep it original and working, and you have the $$, you may choose to send it to a reliable repair center that is familiar with this model. To partially answer your request, I did find a URL about the Northeast but little actual detail on disassembly. Also Macs has the decals for this model, they are pretty reasonable, but, eventually if you really want the MPH to be close to accurate, the speedometer will need to be calibrated. Anyway here is the url http://www.modelahouse.com/tech/spee...r/fischer.html.

With the hi running Stewart warner, some guys buy a junk spare to determine how to disassemble. That is probably not a good plan for your Round Northeast!

Hank
DHZIEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 05:31 AM   #3
papanick

Hi they are very hard to total brake down. I rebuild them all the time. Ans you need the right tools to remove the shift and clean it. If you get to the point were you let to send it in just email me for help. [email protected]
papanick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 08:16 AM   #4
37model78

Hi, I was hoping to find someone that rebuilds Early Ford Speedometers. Mine is beautiful in my 37 mod 78 Tudor however, the odometer or trip indicator do not work. I also have most of a replacement 37 Speedo in a baggie for spares.
Please msg me if you are interested in repairing this speedo.
[email protected]
805 279 4996
37model78 is offline   Reply With Quote