Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-28-2018, 03:38 PM   #24
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Macs - how come

I think the O/P question has been answered however here is some food for thought for those still reading.

I personally give no credence to ratings any longer as I see the whole system very flawed. It used to be that if you had a problem with a company, you spoke with the manager or owner by phone or in person to get satisfaction. This gave them the first opportunity to make good on the problem. If by chance they didn't, no one retaliated publicly other than to not frequent that establishment again. Now, people choose to 'bitch' first without even making a sincere effort to resolve. In addition, people's demands & expectations are much greater than what they were 50 years ago. Most people, whether they will admit it or not, expect to be compensated for every mistake made. Most want something for nothing and are looking for a way to be compensated.

Additionally there is no accountability with giving ratings any longer. People giving negative ratings seemingly do not have any morals or ethics, so they have no problem skewing the facts to twist their public complaint into their favor as if they did nothing wrong. So when you read their comment, how do you know it is factual? You don't, ….and most of the time I feel it isn't. If you do read them, does it really influence your purchasing decision, or is your mind already made up?

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote