Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 08:32 PM   #21
billwill

Default Re: NJ DMV versus AACA Judges

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldskool View Post
I would try another dmv office,i had issues with a local dmv trying to reg my 41 noting but greif,went to another office and had no problem.
in new jersey the best place to go is TRENTON with all three pictures Front side and back call1 888 4863339 or 609 292 6500
Old 02-16-2011, 08:59 PM   #22
JerseyJim

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwill View Post
in new jersey the best place to go is TRENTON with all three pictures Front side and back call1 888 4863339 or 609 292 6500
Trenton no longer handles this. Call if you need to. I found out the hard way by driving down and being sent back to Flemington. Sucks... Because in Trenton you could check out your choices for personalized plates. You can't do that at the local DMV offices.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:01 AM   #23
richard crow

mike 51 merc. mike when you reach my age 1-you will be lucky if you remember your name let alone spell .2-you will even be more lucker if you live that long. thank god there are perfict people like you to correct us. this is my last post . i am to stuped to be on this site.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:57 AM   #24
5window

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyJim View Post
Went to NJ Dept of Motor Vehicles today to register my 40 Ford Sedan Delivery. Spent two hours there and walked away with nothing. The woman there along with two other coworkers spent all that time checking their picture library looking for a comparable vehicle. They had none. The woman then started comparing it to a Deluxe coupe. She pointed to my mirrors, fog lights, and bumper guard and said that the car is "not historically accurate and doesn't qualify for Historic plates". I politely explained that all of these items were genuine Ford accessories correct for the year and she simply handed me all of my paper work back and said that they wouldn't register it. My comment to her at that point was that she was not hired to be a car judge.

I have posted pictures of the car here previously. This is a frame-off, accurate restoration. Everything except the distributor and fan are original and correct for the car. NJ used to handle this stuff in Trenton and there was never a hassle. Now Trenton is sending car owners to Flemington and these people have no idea what they are doing. Nothing but horror stories. No one ever seems to get through the ordeal in a single visit.

I'm going back tomorrow with a copy of The Classy Ford V8 showing a picture of the car and a picture and list of all 1940 Genuine Ford accessories. I plan on asking for a supervisor. Wish me luck...
Well, even PA is not quite that silly. Since the DMV objected to "She pointed to my mirrors, fog lights, and bumper guard" did you consider just unbolting them and taking the car back? Then, it matches the picture, you get your plates and you bolt the accessories back on.

Back in NJ in 1967, I had a small motorcycle and a "motorcycle learner's permit". To get my license, I had to drive 30 miles on major highways to the correct testing site to drive around the course and put my bike up on the kickstand. Then, I drove home with my license. Silliness in government is not a new thing.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:29 PM   #25
c-gor

In Ohio to receive a "Historic Plate" (>25 years old) one only needs to submit the title.

Torun "same year license plates", one needs to copy the plate and send it in to the Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BVM) and receive an authorization.

Last time I checked the historic plate cost a one time fee of $15.00
Old 02-17-2011, 04:54 PM   #26
Bruce/CT

Hey Richard,
Sorry you feel that way. I did notice the spelling muistakes but so what the He_ _.
I, for one, think this the comment about your spellin was out of line. Don't leave.
Bruce/CT
Old 02-17-2011, 05:07 PM   #27
V12Bill

A couple of years ago I wanted Historic NJ tags for my 48 Lincoln Zephyr convertible which wasn't finished yet. I took pictures of my 48 Continental and sent them in as the required photos and received the tags in the mail. I guess the rules are only enforced if you are present to take the guff.

On renewal of NJ Historic tags, the tags are good for three years and then a renewal form is sent to you to fill out. Send the form back to Trenton and you are good to go for three more years without any additional cost.
Old 02-17-2011, 05:40 PM   #28
Django

What a headache!

Your delivery is absolutely gorgeous though!
Old 02-17-2011, 07:16 PM   #29
JerseyJim

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5window View Post
Well, even PA is not quite that silly. Since the DMV objected to "She pointed to my mirrors, fog lights, and bumper guard" did you consider just unbolting them and taking the car back? Then, it matches the picture, you get your plates and you bolt the accessories back on.

Back in NJ in 1967, I had a small motorcycle and a "motorcycle learner's permit". To get my license, I had to drive 30 miles on major highways to the correct testing site to drive around the course and put my bike up on the kickstand. Then, I drove home with my license. Silliness in government is not a new thing.
The accessories were the excuse on day one. The bigger problem was that their library did not include a specific image of a Sedan Delivery. I'm sure that there are a lot of cars out there that they do not have pictures of. So this is going to be a frequent problem.

Best advice is to go ahead and transfer the title at the local DMV and then mail in the application for QQ's.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:35 PM   #30
Drew

I was just down to the Flemington DMV to get QQ plates for my 32 pickup. They said the same thing to me that the truck had been modified. I asked the girl to show me the modifications, and she couldn't tell me. I waited a few minutes and then she said that she found something similar, whatever it was I'll never know. I tend to agree that their database might be lacking. I'm just happy to be registered.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:46 AM   #31
40a-760

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike51Merc View Post
A bigger problem we have is that much of our country can't properly read and write. Just sayin'

sivel = civil
servents= servants
don,t = don't
can,t = can't
compertion= competition
Mike,

Can you spell rude and unnecessary. Just sayin'

Walt K in PA
Old 02-18-2011, 09:54 AM   #32
40a-760

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard crow View Post
mike 51 merc. mike when you reach my age 1-you will be lucky if you remember your name let alone spell .2-you will even be more lucker if you live that long. thank god there are perfict people like you to correct us. this is my last post . i am to stuped to be on this site.
Richard,

To leave the site only validates his rudeness. You have every right to be here and I look forward to your next post.

Walt K in PA
Old 02-18-2011, 10:11 AM   #33
Bruce/Texas

Jersey Jim,

The color on your car look sharp. What color is that? (Sorry for the thread Jack)
Old 02-18-2011, 11:47 AM   #34
Mike51Merc

Richard & the rest of you guys:

I'm sorry if I hurt Richard's feelings and if I offended others. I get my undies in a bunch when people wholesale slam civil servants, especially when the slammer is imperfect themselves.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:09 PM   #35
Da Tinman

if they were civil "servants" they would be doing more to help than hinder.

civil overlord is more a correct term, if you dont see this then you are firmly parked on the other side of the counter.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:00 PM   #36
joel

These people are not elected, they are hired and can be held accountable through thier supervisors. if you don't pursue thier correction, then someone else has to. JMO
Old 02-18-2011, 01:23 PM   #37
whosserpico

Hi I'm looking to find a title for a 1934 3window coupe , its a kit car from Florida I purchased back in Oct. of 2010 Its just being finished being built . any help will B appreciated thanku Don
Old 02-18-2011, 01:31 PM   #38
Da Tinman

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosserpico View Post
Hi I'm looking to find a title for a 1934 3window coupe , its a kit car from Florida I purchased back in Oct. of 2010 Its just being finished being built . any help will B appreciated thanku Don

LOL, please help me commit title fraud, a felony,, live on the interweb.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:04 PM   #39
TonyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard crow View Post
we have become slaves to our sivel servents.they don,t have to be nice .1-they can,t be fired 2-they have no compertion.

I'm a civil servant smart guy. I work my tail off for ungrateful residents like you. Try making it through life with no water, your garbage piling up and no sewer for your toilet.

TM.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:13 PM   #40
Da Tinman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyM View Post
I'm a civil servant smart guy. I work my tail off for ungrateful residents like you. Try making it through life with no water, your garbage piling up and no sewer for your toilet.

TM.

Right, and you tend to lord it over us every time we deal with you. no water garbage piling up and no sewer, hmmm how are these services any more or less needed than say the mechanic that holds your life in his hands with every brake job? Or the waitress that works her ass off to make sure you leave happy?

I'm not ungrateful for the job you do, but it would be nice to walk in someplace full of civil servants and not get the run around and flat out arrogance that seems to come with the territory.
Closed Thread