Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-18-2022, 07:52 PM   #41
dean from bozeman

Default Re: Western National Meet - Wenatchee, Washington State

Previous to the Wenatchee Regional Meet, I had attended about 15 to 20 Model A meets but I had never attended a V8 meet. For me to compare a Model A national meet to a V8 regional meet would not be fair. But I wil point a few things out.

1. Early Ford folks whether they be T, A or V8 are friendly and helpful. I attended this meet to learn more about the early V8's and to learn more about '36s and Stromberg carburetors.
Before I had even left home, Greg Childs from Laurel MT contacted me to see if I wanted to travel with the Billings area contingent. My schedule didn't fit theirs but I did get to meet some Montana V8'ers and exchanged contact information while dining together on Tuesday night. I'll be joining their V8 club and taking a field trip east to the Billings area in the not too distant future.

2. The four year span of Model A's is one that I am comfortable with. Even though there are many differences from late 1927 to early '32, Model A's are quite similar. The early V8 Club "recognizes all Ford Motor Company vehicles made between 1932 and 1953, including Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, commercial vehicles, tractors and other Ford powered vehicles built around the world utilizing the 4, 6, 8, and 12 cylinder engines produced by Ford Motor Company ..." That turns out to be an amazing range of vehicles.

3. The Concourse in the park included about 80 vehicles. An amazing assortment. Originals, restored vehicles, hot rods, etc. There was a wide ranging color pallette also. I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

4. I must say that I was hoping for a larger swap meet. I would guess 8 to 12 vendors. My favorite part of many meets are the swap meets. You can learn a lot, see a lot and make connections. It is on me that I didn't take advantage of what/who was there.

5. Another part that I enjoy of large meets are the seminars. I guess when you have such a large and varied assortment of cars, it is difficult to put a seminar together that would be applicable to most/many in attendance.

Overall I really enjoyed this regional meet. The folks, the venue and the location were great. Leavenworth and Lake Chelan were perfect tour destinations. I enjoyed it so much that I am preparing to go the V8 National Meet in Dearborn next summer. Thanks to all who put the Wenatchee meet together.

Dean
dean from bozeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2022, 03:45 PM   #42
TJ

Default Re: Western National Meet - Wenatchee, Washington State

Dean, you will definitely enjoy going to Dearborn next year. You will be busy every day as there is lots to see. Dearborn should be on all V-8ers bucket list.
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)