Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-10-2022, 11:17 AM   #1
dmalecha

Default specialty motor cams

Does anyone know if Bill Stipe is still around and supporting the model A community? There website seems to be non-functional and I have tried calling the shop and leaving messages with no return call.
dmalecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 12:44 PM   #2
Jim Brierley

Default Re: specialty motor cams

Try this, [email protected]
Jim Brierley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 02:15 PM   #3
dmalecha

Thank you for the address.
dmalecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 05:55 PM   #4
JayJay

I was in touch with them in early October, and they're still alive although not immediately communicative. My contact (Teressa) is [email protected].

JayJay

------------------------
1930 Murray Town Sedan
1931 Briggs S/W Town Sedan
JayJay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 06:29 AM   #5
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Guys, we all need to understand something with small companies. In modern times when its is much harder to find employees, often times the office staff are now in the shop trying to be productive. While some will argue that answering the phone is a part of being productive, many service oriented business owners will disagree because we are already so far behind. For me, my typical pre-pandemic 8-9 hour work day has now become 12-14 hours a day with that often being 6 days a week. I often spend at least an hour or two a day either on the computer or the phone trying to source parts and materials for projects that are already very behind schedule. Imagine spending 30 minutes searching to find Hardener for your Body Filler because it is on national back-order! This just happened to us!! Imagine trying to source parts from any vendor that might have one in inventory just to be able to assemble something. Imagine having a machine go down that has a 6-8 week delay on a replacement part. I am experiencing this with my Rotoblaster and a shop ceiling heater.

Then scrambling to keep employees productive when they can only partially assemble something but are waiting on materials or parts to be delivered that were backordered. And, ...it isn't just affecting the Model-A hobby. I went to the doctor recently and some of my regular medicine has been backordered by the manufacturer and so the doctor was trying to find me a replacement that did not have side-effects from the other meds I am taking. It is absolutely crazy!! So please remember that in 'post-pandemic' times, often times the office worker has now taken on the additional roles to become the shipping department worker, and now the shop janitor, and also the parts runner, and maybe 3 or 4 other jobs she previously never needed to do, it makes answering the phone more difficult as the priority.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 11:27 AM   #6
rotorwrench

My experience was that we received so many spam calls that we had to start letting the recorder catch them. Things were too tight to be able to pay a receptionist. The advantage was that we didn't do much retail sales stuff. There aren't a lot of calls for helicopter parts. I'd watch the caller ID and answer the known phone numbers and that's about it. I only give my regular customers my cell number.

A working shop would have to have someone check the E-mails regularly in order to reply but how many of those aren't a risk? Not all E-mails are legit and some are possibly trying to deliver bots onto a company computer. Doing business through servers is likely the most safe and reliable way to do online sales.

Things just aren't the same as they were before the internet era we are in now. A person could actually use the company phone without spam calls all day.
rotorwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 11:46 AM   #7
J Franklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorwrench View Post
my experience was that we received so many spam calls.

Things just aren't the same as they were before the internet era we are in now. A person could actually use the company phone without spam calls all day.
edited

amen!!!!!
J Franklin is offline   Reply With Quote