Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-18-2020, 12:53 AM   #21
flatford8

Default Re: Stuck brakes on BB

Wow!!....about a year from the original post and your in the seat going down the road!...good for you!!....I can see the the smile on your face from here!!!....congrats!!..Mark
Billy Joe Shaver
flatford8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 01:21 AM   #22
Owlseye

Even better if you consider that I didn't get it home from Montana until September 2019. Yes I went and got it myself. It was supposed to be a 132" wheelbase not a 157". And that's when the fun started. Didn't fit my trailer that I brought from Florida. Made it fit by leaving the ramps extended 18". Then too tail heavy. Started swaying at 15 mph with my original tow vehicle. Rented a 20' U-Haul box truck in Great Falls MT to tow it home. Put my van inside the U-Haul truck. With the added size and weight of the towing vehicle it towed OK up to 65 mph. $1400 dollars I didn't expect to spend for the rental truck one way. What you going to do? I was there, it was loaded and paid for. Got to get them home some how. Just waiting for this virus crap to be over and car shows to start again. Hope to have it at Turkey Rod Run in Daytona for Thanksgiving. Not bad for 9 months work. just shows they are still out there. Just have to keep looking.
Owlseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 05-18-2020, 02:26 AM   #23
Tinker

Hell or high water to get it done. Turkey run is a great event. Nothing like walking around the center of that track.. well other things are great too. No comment on our invisible tag along. Best to all

Last edited by Tinker; 05-18-2020 at 02:50 AM.
Tinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 03:54 PM   #24
Ggmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlseye View Post
Even better if you consider that I didn't get it home from Montana until September 2019. Yes I went and got it myself. It was supposed to be a 132" wheelbase not a 157". And that's when the fun started. Didn't fit my trailer that I brought from Florida. Made it fit by leaving the ramps extended 18". Then too tail heavy. Started swaying at 15 mph with my original tow vehicle. Rented a 20' U-Haul box truck in Great Falls MT to tow it home. Put my van inside the U-Haul truck. With the added size and weight of the towing vehicle it towed OK up to 65 mph. $1400 dollars I didn't expect to spend for the rental truck one way. What you going to do? I was there, it was loaded and paid for. Got to get them home some how. Just waiting for this virus crap to be over and car shows to start again. Hope to have it at Turkey Rod Run in Daytona for Thanksgiving. Not bad for 9 months work. just shows they are still out there. Just have to keep looking.
Will be looking for you !
Ggmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 05:50 PM   #25
alanwoodieman

pictures are worth several thousand word to Ford flathead nuts!!
alanwoodieman is offline   Reply With Quote