Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 06-21-2013, 08:36 PM   #41
Ol' Ron

Default Re: Rebuilding

Yes take care and don't sweat the small stuff.
Ol' Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:05 PM   #42
ken ct
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Ron View Post
Yes take care and don't sweat the small stuff.
Thanks Ron,is it spring yet up in Chester,lol ken ct. My buddy lives on poppa dungen rd at the old hunting lodge made it into a livable house.
ken ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:15 PM   #43
Barn Junk

I think this is the same Kiwi that came after me for no apparent reason on the old Fordbarn. I always try to give helpful advise and knowledge but for sure have make some mistakes in posts. Have had only great communications and transactions with the Ford guys down under. Maybe this guy needs to go back home and relearn how to improve his manners.
Barn Junk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:20 PM   #44
oldford2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken ct View Post
Thanks Ron,is it spring yet up in Chester,lol ken ct. My buddy lives on poppa dungen rd at the old hunting lodge made it into a livable house.
Ken,
I have been up to visit Ol Ron in our 46 and it is beautiful country. (even though we went after their bad flood a few years ago), Now, that is rugged country! Just making fun, I think a "livable House" might be one that the roof doesn't leak too bad and the outhouse isn't too far away. Just kidding Ol Ron. Trying to cheer up Ken.
John
oldford2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:36 AM   #45
ken ct
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldford2 View Post
Ken,
I have been up to visit Ol Ron in our 46 and it is beautiful country. (even though we went after their bad flood a few years ago), Now, that is rugged country! Just making fun, I think a "livable House" might be one that the roof doesn't leak too bad and the outhouse isn't too far away. Just kidding Ol Ron. Trying to cheer up Ken.
John
Thats just the way my friend lives,he has indoor plumbing but still has the outhouse and the house is like 1/4 finished after 25 yrs up there. LOL He loves it. Came over here at 16 and expected to see cowboys and indians when he got off the boat from Yogoslovia.Heats strictly wood stove and has 20 acres of standing wood with the property.He loves the life up there. Thanks ken ct.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:00 AM   #46
Sid the Maineiac

Ken, I had my left knee done Jan. 15 this year! Feels like new now. Do the required therapy and you'll be fine. You'll be surprised at how fast you get back on your feet, Here's hoping for a speedy recovery for you !
Sid the Maineiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:33 AM   #47
JM 35 Sedan

Ken, hope all goes well on your knee surgery. You should be in good enough shape for a little walking during the Hershey Meet I installed a Fulton ebrake handle on my car just prior to leaving on the cross country tour and it works great for setting and releasing the emergency brake. We are in Eureka Nevada getting ready to head to Bonneville and then to Salt Lake City for the night.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:10 AM   #48
TomO

Ken,

Here's wishing you a speedy and pain free recovery. I am lucky to have all of my original parts, but my wife went through the surgery and is pleased with the outcome. I insisted that she stay in a rehab for 3 weeks and she came out with no residual pain and good flexibility. The exercises are very important.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:23 AM   #49
ken ct
BANNED

Thanks to every one for the good wishes,JM35 glad you finally found a brake release,have a safe trip back and will give report when i can. Be out of town for nxt week [no PC] cell only. ken ct.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:10 PM   #50
OLD...BILL

Ken: I am not going to say its a walk in the park, but it is better than the way I was, my new knee is 5/6/7/?? years old, we-ve never meet, but I do remember the pictures of the old barn and the calender, back then, and your not big or heavy. so your new knee will last quite a while, Ken; do stay and do all the therapy, it will payoff in the long run. A pain to do but its worth it. ... the worst part is the "stay" its self. 5/6 days ?? and then home, you should get a "wheeled walker" one with hand breaks. and a seat. very handy.... I steel use it hear in the shop. .... OL'RON knocks it out of the park again.( don't sweat the small stuff ) LIKE OTHERS HAVE SAID "GOOD LUCK"..... OLD....BILL ....OR should I be OLDER BILL ??
OLD...BILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 06:15 PM   #51
VeryTangled

Hey Ken, Best wishes for a speedy surgery/recovery experience. You were very gracious to host us for a visit last summer, say hi to your family too!

-VT/Jeff
VeryTangled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 06:22 PM   #52
ken ct
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD...BILL View Post
Ken: I am not going to say its a walk in the park, but it is better than the way I was, my new knee is 5/6/7/?? years old, we-ve never meet, but I do remember the pictures of the old barn and the calender, back then, and your not big or heavy. so your new knee will last quite a while, Ken; do stay and do all the therapy, it will payoff in the long run. A pain to do but its worth it. ... the worst part is the "stay" its self. 5/6 days ?? and then home, you should get a "wheeled walker" one with hand breaks. and a seat. very handy.... I steel use it hear in the shop. .... OL'RON knocks it out of the park again.( don't sweat the small stuff ) LIKE OTHERS HAVE SAID "GOOD LUCK"..... OLD....BILL ....OR should I be OLDER BILL ??
The stay is now in+out same day unless there are big problems. ken ct thanks.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:24 PM   #53
ken ct
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeryTangled View Post
Hey Ken, Best wishes for a speedy surgery/recovery experience. You were very gracious to host us for a visit last summer, say hi to your family too!

-VT/Jeff
No problem,we enjoyed the visit as much as you guys did. ken ct.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:51 PM   #54
Kube

Quote:
I do but not with gas. Work the lever up an down by hand there will be suction on the inlet and air pushed out the outlet,simplist way.. Some post ofices will not ship if they smell gasoline from the box. LOL. Its tough to get it all out if you wet test. ken ct.
I am confused Ken.
On an earlier thread you stated (quote)

Re: Post office protocol
Why did you tell them what it was,i never do and they dont ask. If you empty out the gas in carb it wont smell if you put it in a gallon size freezer bag.Ive shipped hundreds of them that way.Never a problem. ken ct.
So what exactly is the story? Apparently you have shipped hundreds of them wet tested but then again you don't wet test them as you are unable to ship them smelling of gas.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:57 PM   #55
al pa.

Kube,read all posts to see where "profeshnal" originated.
al pa. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:06 PM   #56
al pa.

Default Re: Rebuilding ken Ct

Ken, my remarks were not to take anything from your expertise.It was a little sarcasm aimed at another disgruntled poster.Sorry if you took it as an insult,that wasn't intended.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:18 PM   #57
al pa.

Default Re: Rebuilding Vic Piano

Vic,I agree with your opinion of a cheap shot,but I don't think he misspelled the word by mistake,or lack of spelling ability.My post was a little sarcasm(a cheap shot),aimed at the person that took the original cheap shot.Absolutely no disrespect directed at Ken Ct.I apologize to Ken,if he was insulted
Old 06-22-2013, 07:24 PM   #58
ken ct
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kube View Post
I am confused Ken.
On an earlier thread you stated (quote)

Re: Post office protocol
Why did you tell them what it was,i never do and they dont ask. If you empty out the gas in carb it wont smell if you put it in a gallon size freezer bag.Ive shipped hundreds of them that way.Never a problem. ken ct.
So what exactly is the story? Apparently you have shipped hundreds of them wet tested but then again you don't wet test them as you are unable to ship them smelling of gas.
This happend to a customer of mine this happend to,Not me. No i dont normally wet test carbs or fuel pumps. Dont know what your getting at.I never tell PO whats in the box. ken ct.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:28 PM   #59
ken ct
BANNED

Al Pa,i was somewhat confused by your comment,NO harm done dont worry about it. ken ct.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:25 PM   #60
Kube

Quote:
This happend to a customer of mine this happend to,Not me. No i dont normally wet test carbs or fuel pumps. Dont know what your getting at.I never tell PO whats in the box. ken ct.
You don't know what I am getting at? Pretty simple I should think... In an earlier thread you stated you have sent hundreds of pumps / carbs out that you have tested (wet) by wrapping in a gallon bag. Then, in this thread you state you don't wet test them as they can't be shipped that way.
So, if I understand correctly, up through last months post, you were wet testing and shipping hundreds of them that way and now you no longer do so?
Hmmm... the six pumps I have purchased from you (total) were not wet tested. Three of the six did not work.
To your credit, you did replace the first one and offer to replace the others.