Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 10-11-2010, 01:41 PM   #21
JM 35 Sedan

Default Re: Hershey setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clem Clement View Post
To do boothing at Hershey required special packing of your vehicle. Here is my list :

4 chairs
trash bags
beer
flashlight
4 towels
flip flops
cooler
beer
sun hat
paper towels
toilet paper
beer
warm gloves
gloves to handle greasy parts
list of members locations and cell phones
beer
one can lousy soda for guests
radio/TV
blankets
Sleeping bag
Shaving kit
Multiple jackets.
Shoulder bag or back pack
Beer
Several pairs of shoes
tables
Long and short pants
Money
8x10 glossy of wife
wrapping material to cover greasy purchases
visquine to cover ground to lay precious sale parts upon
beer
Clem Clement

What Have I forget?
Hey Clem, I'm glad to see that you didn't have any cigarettes on your list but you probably should have remembered to bring more beer. I wanted to stop over and see you but the rumor was out that all your beer was gone

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:47 PM   #22
Tim Ayers

I also didn't see cigars.

Not quite safe mind you, but they do cheat Death a little since you don't inhale. Plus, I've cut my cigar intake down drastically to the point I'm lucky if get enough time to stop and have two or three in a six month time period.
Tim Ayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 01:54 PM   #23
Barry B./ Ma.

Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well Ken. You didn't look so good when I saw you or I would have sat and talked. When you told me you had a flu shot before you came I thought for a minute and seeing I didn't get one I moved on. Don't need that stuff.Good luck with the tests and get better soon. Barry B.
Barry B./ Ma. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 02:18 PM   #24
Clem Clement

We had beer until about mid day Friday so we went home safely. Beer is not just for breakfast any more, you know. Clem
Clem Clement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:35 AM   #25
itslow

Quote:
Originally Posted by sturgis 39 View Post
You missed part of the point. If you tell somebody every day they are stupid they will start to believe your statement. The anti smoking ads probably do more harm than good. This is mind over body. Iam sure there are probably very little health benefits from smoking. Lung cancer can be caused by many things. People that have never smoked or been around smokers can develop lung cancer. People that smoke probably know they are taking a risk. It is like telling fat people they should take off some pounds. Your commenting about their weight does no good and probably cause more depression so they eat more.
Yes, people who don't smoke or aren't subject to 2nd hand smoke can still get lung cancer, however, those who do smoke or are subjected to it are at a much greater risk. How is informing people that smoking is bad for you a bad thing? It's a good thing if they start to believe it. There are no health benefits to smoking; thinking otherwise is foolish.

There is no "mind over body" to it at all. No amount of thinking or willing yourself to not get cancer will stop it if a tumor starts to develop. That's tantamount to one praying to his/her God for it to rain during a drought.

I'd agree that telling a person straight up that he/she is fat and should lose some weight isn't a good way to go about it, but informing them that their weight and unhealthy eating habits will lead to increased likely hood of heart disease and the issues it's associated with isn't a bad thing. The key is to do it tactfully and in a manner that doesn't come across as a personal attack.

Wanted:
- '32-34 Open Cab Pickup (RPU) parts and documents/articles/info
- ARDUN parts
itslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:23 AM   #26
Tim Ayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by itslow View Post
Yes, people who don't smoke or aren't subject to 2nd hand smoke can still get lung cancer, however, those who do smoke or are subjected to it are at a much greater risk. How is informing people that smoking is bad for you a bad thing? It's a good thing if they start to believe it. There are no health benefits to smoking; thinking otherwise is foolish.

There is no "mind over body" to it at all. No amount of thinking or willing yourself to not get cancer will stop it if a tumor starts to develop. That's tantamount to one praying to his/her God for it to rain during a drought.

I'd agree that telling a person straight up that he/she is fat and should lose some weight isn't a good way to go about it, but informing them that their weight and unhealthy eating habits will lead to increased likely hood of heart disease and the issues it's associated with isn't a bad thing. The key is to do it tactfully and in a manner that doesn't come across as a personal attack.

Folks:

Granted, I joined in and got the thread derailed a bit, but let's bring this thread back to talking about the magic of Hershey.

Tim
Old 10-12-2010, 11:47 AM   #27
gmc1941

Sturgis 39! I guess you don't use a mask when your painting or grinding. I guess when your grinding you have your eyes closed and you don't breath when spraying. Come On. But it's your LIFE.

Nothing in life is to be feared; it is only to be understood.
gmc1941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 04:36 AM   #28
Ken Crans

Get better Ken, We need good carb builders like you. Ken Crans
Ken Crans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 08:27 AM   #29
ken ct
BANNED

Thanks Ken,i got bronkitius not the flue,still under the weather.On antibiotics and a Advair thing. Getting better but not there yet,dont feel like working much and got a ton of rebuilding to do.And a camper to winterize before it gets too cold. thanks for the good words. ken ct.
ken ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:28 AM   #30
Milt/Las Vegas

Marv and Sturgis 39 you guys are really in denial.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:27 AM   #31
Tim Ayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv View Post
I personaly think the smoking causing cancer is bull. When i was 40 i was smoking 3 to 4 packs of cigarettes a day. The do gooder President of the United States wanted more tax money so he added taxes to cigarettes and said it was so people would quit smoking. I told my wife that he just wanted more tax dollars and i would fool them, i would Quit. I did and was healthy at that time. Every time i went to the VA doctor, they would ask if i ever smoked and 15 years later i almost died with throat cancer. I think it was pills that caused this cancer not the cigarettes. The same thing happened to other Men that i know. My sister in law is 78 and never quit and is healthy as a horse. Still smoking 2 packs a day. There is no way i will get a flu shot. I have not gotten one for several years and have not gotten the flu. Marv

Must have been the asbestos blankets you guys used as kids that helped to build up your tolerance to cancer-causing foreign agents inhaled in to the lungs...
Old 10-13-2010, 10:43 AM   #32
Old Redneck

Send a message via AIM to Old Redneck Send a message via Yahoo to Old Redneck

Girfriend and black book
Old Redneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 02:26 PM   #33
Marv

It might have been the Flu shot that the U.S. army gave me in 1967 that worked real well and gave me the flu, or breathing coal dust working at the coal mine for several years or breathing fumes from the welding rods while welding euipment. I never had any asbestos blankets, just wool. Marv
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:40 PM   #34
Tim Ayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv View Post
It might have been the Flu shot that the U.S. army gave me in 1967 that worked real well and gave me the flu, or breathing coal dust working at the coal mine for several years or breathing fumes from the welding rods while welding euipment. I never had any asbestos blankets, just wool. Marv

Marv:

Listen, just bustin' chops. It is amazing what literally kills one person can have absolutely no or little health impact on another.

It all falls under the wonders of the human body and genetics Darwin was really on to something. Religous folk, don't get your panties all in a wad over that comment. I'm not talking about creation, I'm talking about genetics. The strongest of any species are the ones that survive. Science is science.

I know a dude who, instead of wearing a mask, use to smoke a cigerette while he was painting in his spray booth.

He truly believed that the lit cigerette would burn off any harmful chemicals he was about to inhale.

I'm not kidding, the dude is still around and as healthy (as far he knows) as can be.
Old 10-13-2010, 11:07 PM   #35
Straightpipes

Ken, Thanks for bringing the clock. Next year you will be tap dancing around the camper...........Had bron-kite-iss a couple of years ago, not too much fun...... Straightpipes
Straightpipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:17 PM   #36
Joe/Ct

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken ct View Post
Thanks guys. I got bronkitus according to the doc. Still feel like crap and i got work that i need to get out,Maybe i'll feel better in a day or 2 more.Sorry about the delay. ken ct.
Get well soon, my friend.....
Joe/Ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:27 PM   #37
ken ct
BANNED

No problem SP's,was a pleasure to meet you.Spent most of tues + wed inside the camper.Sorry wasn't very socible[drat no spell check]. Feeling only a little better on meds now but slow recovering. ken ct. Will be there nxt yr. God willing.Same place same time. LOL. Got to get back on the 36 not much left to do to fire it up again.I miss driving it.Got mucho rebuilding work to do and NO ambition to do it.This bronkitious sucks.
ken ct is offline   Reply With Quote