Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-19-2015, 05:45 PM   #21
JM 35 Sedan

Default Re: EFV-8 Club of America 2015 ENM in Charlotte/Concord, NC, June 8 - 11

Getting close now.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 06:21 PM   #22
glennsanders

Default Re: EFV-8 Club of America 2015 ENM in Charlotte/Concord, NC, June 8 - 11

I can't wait ,I am freaking out with excitement.I am wound up tight.Looking forward to seeing new and old friend's.
glennsanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 07:53 PM   #23
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiWinUS View Post
All that would like to pick up their KiWi-L100 cam at the National meet please get their cores to me asap or place your orders.
Thanks for all the support !
Cheers
Tony
Tony, this trip down might be a good opportunity to stop in and return that starter you loaned me at the '13 Moonshine Festival

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
Old 05-20-2015, 07:32 AM   #24
HOTROD_WILLIE

Is the car show open to the public. If so do you need to go some were to pick up a pass. Where will the car show be at? I don't want drive all the way there not be able to get in or if it is over. Last time I went on Saturday to the Charlotte show was over. Gas cost much to waste it.
Still don't know if I will go to the show. I hate leave my grandson at home. Thanks for your Reply
HOTROD_WILLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 07:47 AM   #25
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTROD_WILLIE View Post
Is the car show open to the public. If so do you need to go some were to pick up a pass. Where will the car show be at? I don't want drive all the way there not be able to get in or if it is over. Last time I went on Saturday to the Charlotte show was over. Gas cost much to waste it.
Still don't know if I will go to the show. I hate leave my grandson at home. Thanks for your Reply
I believe we have covered all of these questions in earlier posts on this thread.

Old 05-20-2015, 11:12 AM   #26
HOTROD_WILLIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM 35 Sedan View Post
I believe we have covered all of these questions in earlier posts on this thread.
Thanks for the reply. Sorry I did not see the early post. Is the terrace area very noticeable? Is this same place were the car going to be shown? Is there going be to swap meet area? Is the swap meet area going to be same place as the car show? Thanks again for all the help.
Old 05-20-2015, 11:19 AM   #27
Vic Piano

I'd love to be there, to see friends and cars but, this annoying thing called work, keeps me busy Monday to Friday... Hope everyone has a good time
Old 05-20-2015, 11:46 AM   #28
HOTROD_WILLIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Piano View Post
I'd love to be there, to see friends and cars but, this annoying thing called work, keeps me busy Monday to Friday... Hope everyone has a good time
I agree it is hard to go to a car show during the week. I am retired if I was still working it would be hard to take off work during the week. Even though I am retired. I am raising my grandson. He has school during the week. I have pick him up from school and look after him. His mom is not around. Me and my grandson went the Goodguy show in Raleigh last weekend we had great time. A lot great cars and very family friendly. I believe there is Goodguy at Charlotte sometime this fall. Vic I believe the moonshine car show in ga. is on the weekend.
Old 05-20-2015, 11:58 AM   #29
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Hey Vic, talk to the boss...see if you can get a day or two off and come on up!!

Old 05-20-2015, 12:28 PM   #30
Vic Piano

John, the boss said I'm already having too much fun and I can't get away... LOL
Old 05-20-2015, 12:34 PM   #31
Vic Piano

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTROD_WILLIE View Post
I agree it is hard to go to a car show during the week. I am retired if I was still working it would be hard to take off work during the week. Even though I am retired. I am raising my grandson. He has school during the week. I have pick him up from school and look after him. His mom is not around. Me and my grandson went the Goodguy show in Raleigh last weekend we had great time. A lot great cars and very family friendly. I believe there is Goodguy at Charlotte sometime this fall. Vic I believe the moonshine car show in ga. is on the weekend.
Yes Willie, the Moonshine Festival takes place over a three day weekend, Friday to Sunday. We try to schedule all of the Cigar City Flatheads events for three day weekends as well. It is not easy to please everyone but, we try to make attending our events easy for as many as we can. In a perfect world, we'd all be retired with plenty of money and time to play with Flatheads, and go to every related event however, there aren't too many of us who enjoy that status.
Old 05-21-2015, 11:07 AM   #32
HOTROD_WILLIE

Quote:
Yes Willie, the Moonshine Festival takes place over a three day weekend, Friday to Sunday. We try to schedule all of the Cigar City Flatheads events for three day weekends as well. It is not easy to please everyone but, we try to make attending our events easy for as many as we can. In a perfect world, we'd all be retired with plenty of money and time to play with Flatheads, and go to every related event however, there aren't too many of us who enjoy that status.
Vacation should spent w/ the family going to beaches, mountains, or theme parks. I wish I spent more time w/ the family when I was working. Must of my vacations were going on golf trips, fishing trips, and car shows. My family paid big time for me be selfish w/ my time off. It is to late when your kids are grown.

Lucky we still have car shows like the Goodguys, Moonshine Festival, and local weekend cars shows. That are on the weekends. Must of these shows are family friendly. Moonshine Festival is one of my favorite shows. It is must go to show.
Old 06-04-2015, 11:05 AM   #33
thequietwon

Do you have to be registered or a member to get into the swap meet?
thequietwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 01:18 PM   #34
JM 35 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thequietwon View Post
Do you have to be registered or a member to get into the swap meet?
The swap meets have always been open to the public at any EFV-8 Club meet that I have ever attended. Now if you wanted to vend, that is a different story.

Old 06-04-2015, 08:50 PM   #35
thequietwon

Thanks. I am planning on going Monday afternoon and didn't want any surprises.
Sam
Old 06-07-2015, 11:48 PM   #36
VeryTangled

Anxiously awaiting the first on-scene reports...

Have you thought about supporting the Early Ford V-8 Foundation Museum?
VeryTangled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 12:06 PM   #37
TonyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeryTangled View Post
Anxiously awaiting the first on-scene reports...
Same here. Ford Barn people at the meet, post some photos please.
TonyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 01:30 PM   #38
thequietwon

Well, I took the day off and made the 4 hour (each way) drive for the swap meet this morning. Guess How many vendors were there? ONE...disappointed to say the least.
Sam
Old 06-10-2015, 01:58 PM   #39
VeryTangled

quietwon, Wow, bummer, sorry.

You asked about being able to go to the swap meet.

If you had asked about how much good stuff is typically there, we could have filled you in. They are usually sorta thin and like most swaps anything worthwhile is gone immediately.

Have you thought about supporting the Early Ford V-8 Foundation Museum?

Last edited by VeryTangled; 06-10-2015 at 02:00 PM. Reason: I used the word 'usually' three times!
VeryTangled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 02:05 PM   #40
Vic Piano

Sparse in the swap meet area... that's too bad. How about the show field, anybody there yet? How about posting some photos for all us working stiffs who couldn't be there... Photos are the next best thing... or so I've been told...