Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-04-2011, 01:36 PM   #1
Vic Piano

Smile Flathead Fun in the Florida Sun

I wanted to bring the following to everyone’s attention here on the FordBarn, for consideration. Our local (Tampa Bay area) group of “car guys” is promoting a Flathead related event, the “Barner’s Bash”. This event is not affiliated with the FordBarn.com or any other entity and is intended for the enjoyment of like-minded individuals. The event is scheduled to take place from March 4th to 6th, at various locations throughout central Florida. We are in the process of finalizing the scheduling of activities to include a cruise-in, local garage tour, possible tech session, BBQ, prize raffle, etc.

The event and raffle are free to participants however, depending on the scheduling of additional activities, there may be associated cost. We are going to try to negotiate a discount rate at several local hotels but we’ll need to have an idea of how many rooms to request so, if you think you might want to attend let us know. You can PM me or send an email to me at: [email protected].
Old 01-04-2011, 03:55 PM   #2
Evil-Eric

Default Re: Flathead Fun in the Florida Sun

Count me in! I dont need a room tho.

Keep us posted!
Evil-Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:02 PM   #3
Vic Piano

Sounds good. Check over on the non-Chevy page at the ChevyBarn.com for updates on the "Barner's Bash".
Old 01-21-2011, 05:01 PM   #4
Vic Piano

"Barner's Bash" Up-date.

Here is the hotel information.
Hotel: Holliday Inn Express
Address: 27615 Wesley Chapel Blvd. (SR 54) Exit 279 on I-75. Go west on SR 54 half a mile.
Phone: 813-907-1379
Email: [email protected]
Special room rate: $69.99 per night, available from Thursday, March 3rd to Sunday, March 6th.
You must register before February 17th to get the special rate. Additionally, when you call to book your room(s), you must identify yourself as part of the Cigar City Flatheads Car Club.
As part of the “Barner’s Bash” we will be driving to Punta Gorda, Fl, on Friday the 4th to tour GM’s collection and visit with “Skip”. So, you may want to get to the hotel on Thursday as we will be departing for Punta Gorda from the hotel parking lot in the morning (exact time TBD).
Also, if you are planning to attend, please let me know. Vic
Old 01-22-2011, 09:17 AM   #5
JM 35 Sedan

Vic, thanks for the update. If my brain is working correctly, I think this is the same hotel we stayed at last year. They did allow me to park my truck and trailer in the back lot. Would we want to consider going down to the Ford Edison estates after we visit with George and Skip? I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone again in warm sunny Florida. It will be warm and sunny won't it? :-)

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 03:54 PM   #6
Vic Piano

John, I think I'm safe to guarantee fun, not too sure about warm, the way things have been. It is the same hotel as last year and yes, if we have time, we might get over to the Edison Ford estates in Ft. Myers. Vic