Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-15-2014, 09:30 AM   #1
shaefer

Default Wiring harness - LENGHTS

So I am on the verge of completely replacing the wiring in our '31 Cabriolet (with cowls).

I found a diagram with all of the wiring information (colors, etc) BUT no information on lengths.

While I could pull out all the wiring and measure and order, that would mean a couple of weeks (at best) without a car and, since the car is driven pretty much daily, that won't work...unless it's the only way.

Does anyone have information on what lengths of wire will be needed to complete an entire wiring harness?

I am not so traditional that all of the colors need to be factory original, but I obviously need enough to finish the job. Any links or diagrams you can share would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
I was born in 1982 and in 1989 my father found the perfect '31 Cabriolet. In 1997 he finally bought it and it became our favorite thing to do together. While my friends were buying Playstations and XBoxs, I was saving up for a muffler. 9 years later, while their game systems were gathering dust, I was picking my wife up for our first date in that car. I drive it to this day and I hope to keep it up so my son can enjoy it just the same. That's the joy of a Model A!
shaefer is offline   Reply With Quote