Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-04-2011, 05:35 PM   #1
ralph j lawrie

Default directioal signals

I have a 31 sed delivery and want to add directionals, I looked at logo lites are they good or bad? Does anyone have any sugestions as I as still 6 volts, Ralph
ralph j lawrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:09 PM   #2
1931 flamingo

Default Re: directioal signals

When I did mine I got the lights that go between bumper bars for the rear, early "fog" lights (see avitar) and a switch assy and flasher from Bert's or Snyder's. Ran wires thru original style fabric loom and used a buss bar w/magnet and mounted e/thing behind driver's kick panel. Cheaper than the logo lites. Depends on how much you want to spend.
Paul in CT Do a search here, many discussions on signal
lights.
1931 flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 06:48 PM   #3
Louis

Ralph,
I just put one on my 31 coupe, it's a LED turn signal kit from Mike's, it will work with 6v or 12 v, with negative or positive ground. it's all bolt on and one wire hook up. it's easy to install, even i did it with out any help, but it is high,$199.
Louis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:16 PM   #4
Ron in Quincy

Ralph,

I have the Logo Lite system on both my A drivers; both A's have 6 V system. They were easy to install, are completly seperate from your existing wiring, the LED lights are bright and well protected when installed between the bumper bars and look very neat.

Ron
Ron in Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:33 PM   #5
modelAtony

Logo lite is easy and fast. I love mine because you dont have the unit on steering shaft. Night time you aren't going to find anything better. The only problem with them is they aren't good in day-time, not bright enough to been seen good and in rear, to low for normal people to quickly notice them. I still like them, been on my car since they first came out . I do have one think I really think is great the 3rd brake light in my rear window, 31 tudor. Really bright and perfect height for cars to see. Have fun modelAtony lafayette,la
modelAtony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:20 PM   #6
jimnungesser

Send a message via AIM to jimnungesser

Mine are ran through the cowl lights and the tail lights. I have not had any problems other than replacing flasher yearly. Got them from Brattons, THREE YEARS AGO.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:48 PM   #7
A-Jay

Thumbs up Re: directioal signals

Ralph, I installed the Logo Lites a few months ago and love them. Easy install I am still running 6 volts. I did not drill any holes, there easy to take off and unplug the lamp if you want the original look for a local show. The box is small and has a very strong magnet on the back to hold to the dash. The control box has a chipper in it so you don't leave them on. Also you have a great set of four way flashers if you are one the side of the road, that don't draw much power to run.
The only thing that I could say negative is my box is on the far left side of the dash near the door and it is a little tricky to reach sometimes because of reaching around the steering wheel in traffic. You may want the give the control box a little thought. good luck! A-Jay
Old 01-04-2011, 11:11 PM   #8
50B

Good luck & have fun. Need help to install, call me.

J.B.
50B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:08 AM   #9
John LaVoy

For a show car the logo lights are great, completely separate from vehicle electrical system. We reviewed several turn signal options in the Spring 2007 Model A Times.
John LaVoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 09:21 AM   #10
Patrick L.

I didn't want to install anything extra that I didn't have to..So I stuck in a plain ole signalstat,cut off the plastic loom, installed woven loom and used the existing lights..
Patrick L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:52 AM   #11
mkmskm

I have them in my Tudor and I love them. I only have 1 taillight and no cowl lights so these worked simple and are bright. You can also push both buttons and have emergency flashers.
mkmskm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 02:52 PM   #12
Michael in Sedona

I have the Logo Lites on my '29 Roadster, 6V, positive ground, and they work really well. I didn't particularly like the look of the control box stuck onto the gas tank, so I mounted mine on the face of the steel seat riser, just below my legs. You can't see the control box or the flasher lights, but can easily operate the push buttons by feel, and the cricket lets you know if you forget to turn them off.
Michael in Sedona is offline   Reply With Quote