Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-06-2016, 09:37 PM   #21
Terry, NJ

Default Re: OOOPS I think I had a senior moment!

As Joe Kennedy said, after his stroke, "Old age is a train wreck!" I don't know if it's a train wreck or not but it is a PITA. I'm not enjoying it! I'll be 72 this month and theres so many things I worry about. Like am I losing my mind? Or is it just a "Senior moment" I'm so forgetful! God I feel so stupid sometimes! Such as when I'm typing a sentence and leave a word out. It happens frequently! My strength is going! But losing my faculties is scary as hell. I've had my first stroke and now I'm on warfarin, Rat poison. It was a blood clot. I'm halfway to diabetes have to watch my suger intake. I can't walk more than 100 yards with out my lower back giving me hell. How I'll do at Hershey this years is anyone's guess. My left hand has a tremor that I can't stop. Ever try threading a bolt with that? My son in law calls me Grumpy or Grumpa. Oh well, Actually it's not too bad, I thought I'd be dead by 35. The Drs who treated my Scoliosis back in 1959, thought I'd be in wheelchair by 45. and here I am at 72 , still walking (sorta). My scoliosis was pretty severe and I had a full body cast for a year. That was real fun! But it really wasn't so bad. My folks let me have an 1917 Enfield 30/06 that I sporterized off the edge of my bed and I got to watch TV all day (I Love Lucy, the originals). I think I've done more with my life, (Model maker for RCA, Pilot. even working in the mine, it's been interesting to say the least.) So maybe tomorrow will be better, who knows?
Terry

Last edited by Terry, NJ; 07-06-2016 at 09:44 PM.
Terry, NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 08:14 AM   #22
BILL WILLIAMSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch//pa View Post
Placing the ring gear on the wrong side of the banjo is a very common mistake that I hope to never make that would suck
Friend, Frank, did a VW Van transaxle, using a CAR manual & forgot that a VAN has a reduction gearbox at the end of the axles, which REVERSES the direction. Testing it on the rack, his buddy said, "How cum you got 4 speeds in reverse"?-----"OH SHIT"!
I replaced the input shaft on one & it was noisy. The parts man forgot to sell me the matching cluster, they had changed the angle on the gear teeth!-----"OH SHIT"!
I changed the input shaft on one & it wuz NOISY. The parts man forget to send me the matching cluster gear, they had changed the ANGLE on the gear teeth!----"OH SHIT, OH DEAR"!!
Dad

Last edited by BILL WILLIAMSON; 07-07-2016 at 08:23 AM.
BILL WILLIAMSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Old 07-07-2016, 11:34 AM   #23
caboose

Actually, I’ve been scatterbrains since birth (that’s what granny called me), and I’m now the epitome of an absentminded math professor. Many years ago, I finally got an old lawnmower running, when It dawn on me that I should have checked the oil. Since I knew that it would be difficult to get the thing running again, I decided to check the oil while the mower was still running. Just about the time I got the oil cap unscrewed, but too late to stop, it occurred to me that this was not a good idea. Fortunately, the oil that splattered me wasn’t yet at operating temperature.
caboose is offline   Reply With Quote