Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 01-12-2019, 10:52 PM   #1
Dennis Mielke

Default LeBaron Bonny Company

Can someone tell me what's going on with this company. They don't answer the phone and they have my money for a 34 roadster top boot that was to be delivered 2 months ago.
Dennis Mielke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 01:04 AM   #2

Default Re: LeBaron Bonny Company

Welcome to the club.
I know of three others locally in sinilar situations.
I am waiting for the rest of my order on my '34 Victoria project that is now finished except for the front seat covers and also waiting for a complete interior kit for my 2019 project.
They took half the $$ up front and then nothing but crickets.
I ordered 6 months ahead of time because they have been behind in their orders for a while. I spoke to Cam at L/B approx 3-4month ago and she said the order would be filled.
As a side bar to this, I did contact my credit card company and they said the transaction was too old to take any action.
If they are unable to stay in business it will make the hobby that much more difficult.
Think positve.
95476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 11:23 AM   #3
Bob C

Here's a couple of threads on the subject. https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=248819

https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=257268

Bob
Bob C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 03:13 PM   #4
DavidG

Your penultimate sentence says it all.

For those who think that their local upholsterer is a viable alternative, what happens if you can't supply them with patterns because that in your car or truck was changed over the years or is poor condition or missing all together? Certainly every local upholsterer out their cannot possibly have knowledge of all the variations that exist in the '32-'53 era. In other words, it took LeBaron Bonney decades to acquire original samples in order to develop a full line of offerings. What are the odds that your local source has done that?
DavidG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 03:58 PM   #5
Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidG View Post

Your penultimate sentence says it all.

For those who think that their local upholsterer is a viable alternative, what happens if you can't supply them with patterns because that in your car or truck was changed over the years or is poor condition or missing all together? Certainly every local upholsterer out their cannot possibly have knowledge of all the variations that exist in the '32-'53 era. In other words, it took LeBaron Bonney decades to acquire original samples in order to develop a full line of offerings. What are the odds that your local source has done that?

David I agree 100% . The issue is that this valuable knowledge is worthless if we can't access it.

My 34 has nice serviceable upholstery which to most people looks fine but I know is not original style nor original type fabric . As I use my car all he time I'm not ready to do the upholstery at this time and will probably do it in several years time when I do the body and take out all the little dings I get from every day use. My plan was to buy the a LB kit and store it away for future use (My 30 Coupe had an amazing LB interior) . The delay hence doesn't concern me but my concern is after fronting up a lot of deposit am I ever going to get a kit and if I do will the product be as good as they have been in the past.

Some of the post here make me wonder .

Karl