Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-04-2022, 06:36 AM   #21
oldskool

Default Re: LED brake lights update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie View Post
what is the code # for the led lights for the stop light /running lights as there are dozens of bulbs listed
oldskool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 09:10 AM   #22
Planojc

After a long search for 6V non-polarity 1157BAY15D (tail Lights), the only one I found was from Uiandsion and it took forever to get, shipped from China. Installed them and they are no brighter than the incandescent originals. Not enough leds on each bulb. Found many with more leds but they are all 12V.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 61mRWMTy0-L._AC_SL1001_.jpg (36.5 KB, 3 views)
Planojc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 09:29 PM   #23
Rudolph

I fitted LED tail lamps, they failed pretty fast,
Rudolph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 11:18 PM   #24
TravisDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle43 View Post
Almost all the LED light bulbs offered for sale are negative ground which almost all cars use. For the "positive ground" Fords you need to buy LEDs that are specifically sold as "positive ground" or they won't work. LEDs are the way to go if you can since they produce a lot more light and a lot less heat and use less amps.
My uncle is looking to get LED lights for his new '40 project. Too bad to hear those led lights with positive ground aren't easily available. We'll discuss the route for better led lights after we finish installing the suspension from 4Wheelonline onto the truck and clear the garage.
TravisDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 11:41 PM   #25
Eagle43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planojc View Post
After a long search for 6V non-polarity 1157BAY15D (tail Lights), the only one I found was from Uiandsion and it took forever to get, shipped from China. Installed them and they are no brighter than the incandescent originals. Not enough leds on each bulb. Found many with more leds but they are all 12V.
These are the ones I bought from Aliexpress. These are 6V and come in both positive and negative ground and single and double contact and in three colors. It does take a month or two for them to arrive. Be careful with the shipping. They charge a lot more if you buy more than one at a time which is a funny way to do business. You can find them at https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...21ef18025DirrY
Attached Images
File Type: jpg led.jpg (38.3 KB, 15 views)
Eagle43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 04:24 PM   #26
Eagle43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle43 View Post
These are the ones I bought from Aliexpress. These are 6V and come in both positive and negative ground and single and double contact and in three colors. It does take a month or two for them to arrive. Be careful with the shipping. They charge a lot more if you buy more than one at a time which is a funny way to do business. You can find them at https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...21ef18025DirrY
After many hours tracing circuits I discovered that there is a problem with these 1157 bulbs. Although they are double contacts, the contacts are connected internally so that there is only one circuit inside the bulb instead of two. Consequently the signal lights will work by themselves and the park lights will work by themselves but they will not work both together since there is a crossover.
Eagle43 is offline   Reply With Quote