Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 11-09-2019, 09:55 AM   #21
30 Closed Cab PU

Default Re: 12 volt headlight options

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannL View Post
Also, I too had shorting contacts on the passenger side. Took a small strip of gasket material and snaked it between the contacts, followed by a wrap of electrical tape.
I did basically the same thing, but cut up pieces of tractor inner tube to insert between the contacts. Also added a small amount of RTV to the end of the pieces to help hold the pieces in the socket, otherwise pieces have a tendency to fall out when removing the bulbs.
30 Closed Cab PU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 10:03 AM   #22
30 Closed Cab PU

Default Re: 12 volt headlight options

[QUOTE=Magicbox51;1819300].

To add to the saga, I tried out the new Logo Light LED bulbs and was pretty disappointed with the results. To be fair, the LED bulbs were plenty bright. I would say extremely bright. The problem being that they would not focus in the reflectors. The results were bright and diffuse light that was probably blinding oncoming traffic, even on dim. When I switched to bright, the aim did not change, but rather the diffuse light just got even brighter. I could not see any better with the diffuse light than I could with the focused 32/50 bulbs.

Logo lights have 4 rows of LEDS, two rows on the top, two rows on the bottom. All 4 rows are on when on high beam. Two rows are on when on low beam, however it is 1 row on the top and 1 row on the bottom.

So on low beam focusing, the LEDs do not align properly in the reflector, or for the glass lens.

Warning do not look directly at these lights with the lens off, use a pair of dark sunglasses from the side, or a welders helmet, they will blind you.

This was my observations on my A with Logo lights.
30 Closed Cab PU is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)