Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 04-27-2016, 03:55 PM   #1
quickchange

Default Pate swap meet report

Well 1st day was set up day, stood inline for two hours to get my tickets The weather was great specially after the storm we had the night before, lots of walking as new vendors where arriving all the time, we managed to buy some A stuff , good prices , many signs, a number of unrestored A ,s there, barn finds, Now resting up ready for the big day in the morning, The Kiwi pickers are having fun , might try for some pictures after tomorrow,
quickchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 04:34 PM   #2
pooch

Default Re: Pate swap meet report

I bet it all seems cheap to a Kiwi .. with your dollar you are used to .

Same as us Aussies, when we look thru a yank catalogue, it is like looking back in time when a dollar was worth something here.

The only ripoff we have from there is the postal service.

....AND, when I last there, we had a flat in our motohome, they do not supply a jack, so had to ring a local tyre mob, a semi-skilled tyre jockey arrives and changes the tyre.... one and a half hours at $90 an hour ... WOWWWWWW, glad the MH company paid it.
pooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 09:27 PM   #3
quickchange

We buy for our own collection, Plus friends who are looking also for parts, Its all a matter of helping one another, Had a real good day ,walked so 15 miles , hot , tomorrow they are talking rain, Even met some great Barners today now that was a bonus, sorry no pictures to busy walking, talking, & buying ,
Old 04-28-2016, 09:48 PM   #4
iron mountain 1

I met quickchange today and he helped me with several model a parts I had questions about. I also met ken Parker all great guys and a newbie really needed the assist. Thanks barners
iron mountain 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 04:42 AM   #5
brokenspoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickchange View Post
We buy for our own collection, Plus friends who are looking also for parts, Its all a matter of helping one another, Had a real good day ,walked so 15 miles , hot , tomorrow they are talking rain, Even met some great Barners today now that was a bonus, sorry no pictures to busy walking, talking, & buying ,
It was nice meeting you yesterday....
brokenspoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 04:54 AM   #6
Synchro909

Quickchange,
Seeing as how we will be in NZ for the National meet in Napier in April, I should have asked you to chase down a few things for me too. You could "mind" them for me till then.
We have nothing organised for a car yet so it looks like we will have to rent something again. Seeya in April. Say G'day to SPG for me!
Old 04-29-2016, 03:35 PM   #7
quickchange

Good to meet the above guys, Today was overcast very humid , odd drop of water , Bought up large with some bargins , like set of W/W brackets &5 boxes of new Grant rings, $40,A mint 35 V8 spare tire cover for a friend , good deal , met heaps of great folk. Only problem with the meet freckin mobility scooter hunting in packs ,traveling at 30mph , I was told one hit a person & he died , I did see an ambulance come in ,These vehicles need a speed restriction on them they are totally out of control , thing is 90% of renters are just too dam lazy to walk , Just my bitch for the day ,
Synchro99 We are not going to the meet in Napier ,Its too short , too expensive & way too many vehicles on the road at that weekend , I like the 7 day meets, Trust you will come to the mainland before or after the meet, What are you looking for???? some room left in the u haul, spg ron,frank & others folks parts to deliver to AZ.
Old 04-29-2016, 06:28 PM   #8
Synchro909

PM sent.
That 90% of "scooterists" would be horrified at swaps here. Speed restrictions and bikes or other mechanised devices are banned. Makes for a more enjoyable day.
Old 04-29-2016, 06:32 PM   #9
Cool 33

Saw this barn find beauty at the Pate swap meet. Had a Texas tag. Last inspection 1977. Cloth top had been replaced with tin sheet metal, back in the day. Looked almost original. Even though it has outside door handles, it has early 28 style emergency brake lever in front of the gear shift. Price was $11,000.00.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1928 Phaeton - 2016 Pate SM.jpg (86.8 KB, 58 views)
Cool 33 is offline   Reply With Quote