Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Model A (1928-31)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 08-17-2014, 07:56 AM   #1
Bob Bidonde

Default 190A Restoration

My Victoria is undergoing reassembly. At this time the body is back on the frame, but it is wide open so I can help someone else with details. Send me an email: [email protected]

My 190A is an early Steel-Back with all original wood. The gas tank is not in yet, the doors are off and I just finished installing the rear body apron, the spare wheel support and mount.

Tip: If you are restoring a 190A, have a generous supply of 12-24 x 1/2 and 12-24 x 5/8 round head screws, square and hex nuts available because the are a lot of them in the cowl assembly. You will also need a supply of 5/16-24 x 3/4 bolts and nuts. These are oddball size fasteners you may not be able to get in your local hardware store.

One success story I've had is sealing the transmission. It has been full of oil for over a year and there is no oil seepage anywhere.

Does anyone out there have a jig to bend the aluminum repro roof molding? If so, I would appreciate some details on how to make one.

Last edited by Bob Bidonde; 08-17-2014 at 08:04 AM.
Bob Bidonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 11:16 PM   #2
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida
Default Re: 190A Restoration

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
I could use some detail pictures on the long metal strip that the floor boards rest on. We have the two smaller ones. What gauge and placement on the holes for the sheet metal screws? I can't find the bustle that has that info. Thanks