Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 05-14-2021, 12:14 PM   #1
onedon

Default replaceing rear doorglass 37 ford

was wondering if anyone could tell e how to remove the rear door glass on a 1937 ford 4 door slant back- before I start
onedon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 12:29 PM   #2
TJ

Default Re: replaceing rear doorglass 37 ford

Not sure if 37 is the same as a '40, but you need to first remove the window garnish molding. Second remove the door panel. You now have access to the window regulator bolts that hold the regulator to the door. Remove the bolts(screws) while reaching inside the door to hold up the glass and regulator from suddenly falling. Lower the window and regulator to the bottom of the door. Slide the regulator off the track that hold the glass and pull out the regulator through the door opening. If the door opening is big enough you can remove the window via this opening. If not the window will have to come out through the top opening. Tip the glass 90 degrees and pull out through the top opening.
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 02:18 PM   #3
onedon

Thanks TJ I got it out that way but I 'm not sure it is correct. The glass is rectangular shape and you can't turn it or rotate it. I finally bent the bead molding out towards the inside of the car and got it out, pretty tight, not sure I will get it back in. You can't go clear down because it angles into the inner door skin and hits it. It has suicide doors on the back. Any other help would be appreciated.
onedon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 12:04 PM   #4
TJ

When I did my '40 fordor years ago i recall that i raised the window up a bit by hand and then was able to tip it 90 degrees. There is probably some difference between the rear doors on a '40 and the slant back '37. When you talk about the bead molding are you talking about the bead on the glass run channel or the bead on "fuzzies' that touch the sides of the glass?
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote