Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 08-31-2010, 09:21 PM   #1
qzjrd5

Default '32 Tudor rear wheel well is rusty, needs replaced

Posted this same question on the Hamb, so sorry for you guys that have already read about this. My '32 Tudor has some pretty rusty rear quarters in the wheel well area. I would like to repair these, but I don't believe there is a Sedan version of the panel available, only the coupe and roadster.

I was told using the coupe/roadster panel will work, but may not work with my stock rear seat, which I would like to continue using. Supposedly the coupe/roadster panel is deeper, and interferes with the seat frame. (I think)

Also told that there might be someone on ebay selling this panel as a repop from time to time, but haven't had any luck finding it.

Any opinions or suggestions?

Thanks,
Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rusty_quarter.jpg (58.7 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg no_fenders4.jpg (49.6 KB, 38 views)
Old 09-01-2010, 03:33 PM   #2
FlatheadTed

Send a message via AIM to FlatheadTed
Default Re: '32 Tudor rear wheel well is rusty, needs replaced

The bit were the Fender bolts on say 2to 3" cut that out of a flat sheet ,use a card template to get the size ,Then the large piece from the frame cut that out of a flat sheet, also a little larger .Beat the edg on both over a tree stump to get the curve ,weld the two curves to gether ,Or you could cut the 3" to 4 from the outer swag between the mount holes ,Weld a new piece in . Then spit it/with 4 or 5 cuts that will over lap them hammer the edge over to get the curve ,then cut the pie shaped pieces out then weld .then weld the larger one on to it ,You can hammer the edge with a ballpean hammer to put shape into on the ground or soft wood /sand bag .then dolly it all up to smooth it out, Or you could get the Roadster one and cut it ,modify it to fit .

Flathead Ted brake Floaters ,
FlatheadTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:49 AM   #3
cbillelder

Default Re: '32 Tudor rear wheel well is rusty, needs replaced

I had to replace the wheel wells on my '32 sport coupe body. I ended up using wells from brookville roadster and the radius edge from a '31 A victoria to get the edge beading and curve, which was the same radius and width as the '32. My point is that it may be smart to check out the quarters on a '30 or '31 sedan body or victoria and see if they match up to your '32. There are still a lot of them around and what do you have to lose? Good luck!!
cbillelder is offline   Reply With Quote