Go Back   The Ford Barn > General Discussion > Early V8 (1932-53)

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)

Old 07-22-2016, 06:03 PM   #1
Robin 47 ford pickup

Default 1937-38 Federal truck

Hi guys , ok I know this is probably not the right thing to do here BUT this is the request of a desperate man . I am trying to restore a 1937-38 5ton Federal truck and cannot for the life of me find a good pair of windshield frames , I am relying on you hoarders out there like myself to maybe throw me a lead where I might find a pair. These trucks are rare here in Australia and this one I have maybe the last one around. any help would be great.
cheers Robin
Robin 47 ford pickup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 08:42 PM   #2
truckdog62563

Default Re: 1937-38 Federal truck

Have you tried posting a wanted ad on the ATHS site or in the Wheels of Time magazine? That's your most likely avenue for success. Stu

http://aths.org/advertising-with-aths/AdBuilder/List
Old 07-25-2016, 01:30 AM   #3
Manuel

There is the HCVC in Australia (Historic Commercial Vehicle Club). They might be able to help.
Manuel in Oz
Manuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 03:59 PM   #4
rotorwrench

The first & last Federal truck I've ever looked at in person was setting in a barn in Kansas and hadn't been run since the 1960s. I knew the folks that purchased the property but they sold the truck at auction back in the early 80s. The damn thing was like new. Federal was a popular truck before the war but became less popular after. There are a lot more Diamond T trucks still around due to their cosmetic good looks. The Federals were more conservative but still a no nonsense type truck that wasn't a lot different looking than the Diamond Ts. They phased out of production in 1959 or so. Many of the early models shared the same cab but some had Deluxe cabs that were a bit different. I've seen photos of split windshield types (each hinged separately) and just two piece windshields with common hinge. Your best bet might be to try and fabricate one from steel channel stock. I haven't ever tried to contact any one on the Registry but you might give it a shot and see if someone can help you with parts or patterns.
http://www.federalmotortrucks.com/
rotorwrench is offline   Reply With Quote